Dare

"The sun surely is hot," Takashi complained as he and Shinji set their foot in Sarayashiki Gakuen. Shinji had been bugging him and his sister Aimi about this Yui look-alike he met in Brooklyn Pancake House. "I'm quite sure my countermeasure..."

"You mean disguise?" Shinji asked. He was busy scanning the school field for any sign of that girl Bridgette. "Uh, yes, disguise. I know we can get through..."

Takashi suddenly stopped when he saw the girls blushing and giggling at them. "Uh oh... Shin?" Shinji looked at him then shrugged. "You know what to do."

"Run!"

♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡

"Hey, wanna grab some drink first?" Bridgette asked Seiran. They only got third place in the three-legged race yet she felt like she had won a billion-pound lottery ticket. "Otsukare, Seiran."

Seiran just looked at her, somewhat disappointed for not winning the game. "Yeah, you owe me a drink. We lost because you're such a klutz." She just laughed at him.

They went on a bench near the vending machine to rest. Bridgette bought two Pocari Sweat at her expense; she stared at Seiran who had his head thrown at the bench with a folded moist towel over his eyes. She scanned his frame: from his hair, to his jawline, to his Adam's apple...

Shimatta! He looks... hot... Tssch! Yabaaaaai!

Bridgette immediately run her fingers over her nose, checking for symptoms of epistaxis. Yokatta, my nose isn't bleeding.

She grabbed his hand and put the cold drink in it. "Thank you," Seiran whispered.

"You look tired. Is it the heat?"

"Yeah. I don't like staying long under the sun, it makes me weak."

"I thought you hate the sun because you sparkle when bathed in sunlight. You know, like Edward."

He removed the towel from his face. "Who is Edward?"

"You don't know Edward Cullen?"

"Do I have to know every person that you know?" Bridgette grinned at him. "Nevermind. Hey, are you going to join the folkdance later?"

"I dunno. Well, if you're to be my partner then, I'll curse you if you step on my foot!"

"Kowai..."

"Urusai."

She sat beside him, put her hands up and looked at her fingers. "What are you doing?" he asked.

"Nothing. Just feeling the heat-" she suddenly stopped talking and jerked her right foot in pain. Seiran had his towel back on his face, unaware of Bridgette grimacing.

"Seiran?" Bridgette calmly said despite of feeling hurt. Her face turned pale as her foot cramped. She grabbed his hand.

"Seiran... help me. It hurts."

"Huh?"

"My foot... hurts. It's cramping."

Seiran immediately got off his feet, confused on what he should do. "I will call-"

"Don't leave me!" He looked at her, bewildered. "Stay with me. I just pulled my muscle." Bridgette pouted at the thought. It's not a major game for me to get cramped. Kamisama, I feel pathetic.

"You're perspiring." Seiran wiped the sweat off her forehead. "I'll take off your shoe."

"Demo..."

"Shut up. I'll do it."

"Sumimasen."

♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥