Three-way Party Mix

"What a pleasant surprise," Takahiro Misaki said to Bridgette when she entered the Kisaragi mansion. "You should've told me that you are coming today so I could at least pick you from the school." Misaki had been the family's butler for the last fifteen years, and was responsible for seeing the needs of Bridgette while she's in Japan. "I just want to check on something." she said.

"Would you like me to prepare a tea for you, Jasmine, perhaps?"

"Masala chai will do."

"Ah, yes, Masala chai. What would-"

"I won't stay here for long. Just bring it to my room when its done." She was already on her heels, walking her way to the mentioned room.

"Hai, Ojou-sama."

Bridgette hardly visited the mansion since she had her own place in the city. Living in it was in fact much more convenient for her rather than being alone: she have a butler to assist her needs, a chauffeur to drive her wherever she wants to go, and servants to attend whatever her request is.

"You are such a silly girl!" Aimi will often tease her whenever she question her reasons on staying in her unit rather than her family mansion.

"I will just miss my family if I stay there."

"You shouldn't have come here if you'll miss them anyway." Bridgette will just laugh at her comments. But it wasn't her real reason.

Living alone has never been a problem for her. She's just trying to distance herself from her most treasured possession: her piano.

She opened the door to her room. Darkness can be seen in its four corners, and she couldn't make out the furnitures in it. She's thinking of looking for the switch, but then a thought occurred to her.

This is my house. I should know this place better than anyone else.

She walked straight into the darkness, walking until she reached the curtained window. It's nice they had retained the furniture arrangement, she thought. She reached for the curtains and parted it: the golden light of the setting sun lit the room, bathing everything in gold.

Bridgette nervously looked to her left. She marveled at the gleaming, black thing on her side, sunlight colouring it gold, waiting to be touched. She laughed.

"I'm getting nervous for nothing."

She caressed its lid, checking for dust, but was surprised to found nothing. "You are taken care of, hmm?" She opened the lid and pressed a key.

"If you have feelings, then you must be hating me now. Yet, I can't keep myself away from you. So please..."

Slowly pressing its keys one by one had soon grown faster and faster until music was created. She played a song, then two, then three, until she felt like her today's worries had flown away from her. She just stopped when she realized she's playing in the darkness and that the sun was no longer at sight. Misaki, who was watching her from behind, switched the lights on.

"Did I disturbed you?"

"What time is it?"

"It's already half past six in the evening. Shall I prepare the dinner now?"

Bridgette stood and stared at the piano before she closed its lid. It's been a long time since I felt this good, she thought. I'm sorry if I still restrain myself from you.

Bridgette walked towards the lounging chair and Misaki poured some tea for her. She was surprised that it was still hot. Noticing this, Misaki smiled at her.