Probabilities 2.0: Ren's Investigation

Hullo ladies! It's me, your constant debonaire, Ren Hirasawa, at your service.

Finally, the adorably destructive... I mean creative author of this book had come to her senses and gave me the chance to speak for myself.

Okay, fine. Easy 蘭chan. I'll do this quick, promise. And please forgive if I look like a stupid guy having a monologue here. She's shy.

I gotta get myself started on how my investigation had gone before she writes my name in the Death Note.

So ladies, here's how it goes...

I was cooking yakisoba... Yes, I can cook, but not as good as Shuu... when he arrived from his Sunday gimmick with Haru chan. Blimey, I was so envious when he told me that Bridgette went out with them! For a moment I regretted that I turned down Shuu and eventually lost my chance of spending a sunny Sunday with my princess.

But then again, Shuu asked me something strange. He's wondering if Bridgette's really just a fan of that group XYZ.

I know the feeling, right? Shuu is being unfair to me when he left me hanging by a cliff. Honestly, I haven't got myself much sleep that night...

Oh, no! Don't worry about me. I'm definitely fine. I did get some sleep so cheer up. *pouts*

Going back. So my first instinct about the situation is to know who this Kirishima guy really is. I know he's a celebrity but I just can't accept it if Bridgette would go crazy over a famous guy when she have me by her side. I'm pitiful, right? Thanks for your sympathy, sweet.

*author turning off Ren's microphone*

Sorry bout that. She can be rude sometimes, but still, she's a romantic-okay! I'll shut up!

For three days, I have no luck in finding clues about that pretty boy. You've seen his looks, right? I think 蘭chan put him on a cover, but she's a little biased as he had drawn him much better than me. *throwing daggers to the author*

I couldn't ask Bridgette about it. I don't want to look absurd. Besides, knowing her, she'll just deny it.

I didn't got anything useful from Emi chan either. Wow, she can really pull off that pokerface look without any effort! And with Aimi chan, that girl is always missing in action whenever she's needed.

I hate to say this. Really, really, hate. But my last resort that time was the ultimate fangirl of our class, Chiaki.

Don't get me wrong. I don't hate her or anything. I just find it awkward when she appears to me like a human radio who would stop at nothing from talking; I really wish there's a power button on her so I could turn her off.

I've got no choice. I wanted to know the truth, so please remind me to vote for her as 'Most Talkative' by the end of the semester. That's the most that I can do for her.

What you will read right now is the actual conversation between Chiaki and me. I'll skip the introductions; I might run out of time.

Me: How old is Kirishima?

Chiaki: Kirishima, you mean, Shinchan?

Me: Maybe. Of course I'm talking about that guy!

Chiaki: I see. You've taken interest in him, huh?

Me: Just answer my question, will you?

Chiaki: only if... You will say please.

Me: HA?

Chiaki: Just a little please, Ouji... Was that hard to say?

Me: urusai! Just answer me.

Chiaki: say please first.

Me: yada! Mendokuse!

Chiaki: *batting her eyes*

Me: *no effect*

Chiaki: *teary eyed effect*

Me: *no effect*

Chiaki: Shuuichi! Ouji is harassing-

Me: PLEASE! Damn it!

Chiaki: (^~^)

Hey! I thought introductions were skipped! You're making me look bad in here!

Sorry. She's a little hard-headed, so please forgive my author. Okay, let's continue.

Me: I've already said please. Now, answer me. How old is that Kirishima?

Chiaki: he's 19 years old.

Me: Is he intelligent?

Chiaki: former student council president so, I guess.

Me: Maji?! Is he athletic?

Chiaki: well, he used to be one of the double aces of the seeded Tokyo Middle School basketball team. Oh my God! He and Kisaragi Heiji look so perfect!

Me: Kisaragi Heiji?

Chiaki: you don't know him?

Me: I won't ask you if I know.

Chiaki: he's an uprising F1 racer that looks really hot! Especially those green eyes. I wanted to go to London to meet him! Not to mention he's Shinchan's bestfriend.

Me: oh. Does he have a girlfriend?

Chiaki: who, Heiji? I don't know. Hopefully none.

Me: wait, why are we talking about that Kisaragi? I'm asking you about Kirishima only.

Chiaki: gomen. What's the question again?

Me: girlfriend...

Chiaki: oh my God! Why do you have to bring it up now?

Me: huh? why?

Chiaki: *crying* he just said in his interview the other day that he's waiting for his girl to come back from London... Oh my God! Could it be Heiji's sister?

And that hits me hard in my head. That Kirishima is waiting for his girl to return from London.

Bridgette is from London.

Using logic, if the girl is still in London, it can't be Bridgette, right? But Chiaki told me something that really wrecked my perfect logical thinking.

Aimi Hamasaki's brother is a member of XYZ.

And if I remembered it correctly, Aimi and Bridgette had known each other since they were kids. And the group XYZ were actually friends for years. If that's the case, chances are...

Bridgette had known XYZ long enough, even before the group has became well-known.

Well, I can't say that I'm right. I mean, she might know Aimi's brother, but that doesn't mean she'll know her brother's friends, too, right? Yeah, it's clear to me now.

Shuu is right. It's not that possible that Bridgette is more than just an XYZ fan. I may not know if she personally know the guys, except for Aimi chan's brother, of course, but still, my feelings told me that it's just fine.

I just have to trust her.

*author turning Ren's mic off again*

Chotto! Don't cut me out like that! I'm at the best part, you know?!

My time is up? Already?

Let me at least say goodbye to them...

What? You want me to say please? Are you Chiaki?

Fine, I'll do it so shut up!

Please let me have a minute to say goodbye to the ladies reading this. Happy?

Sorry ladies. I need to go now. Don't worry, I'll beg for her to let me steal the limelight again. Thanks for your time.

Let's meet in our dreams. *kiss*