Old Geezers ft. Psychedelic Mum

For the last five decades, Tokyo's industry had been dominated by four leading names in the business world: Toudou Corporation, Oshiro Group of Companies, Kisaragi Conglomerates, and Mizuki Financial Group. These giants had shaped the montrous economy of the Tokyo Metropolitan; urban legends had circulated that these families had parted the entire city for ownership.

The Water Mansion had been home to Seiichi Mizuki since he was born. He grew up as the sole heir to a wealthy family of bankers who were amongst the leading figures for the rehabilitation of Japan after the war. All his life he deals with money, aspiring to be an respectable economist in the future which of course his dedication made him much more than that.

Seiichi had been married twice; his first wife died in an accident before they've got a chance to build a family while his second wife had only given him an offspring. He personally watched over the growth of his son Seiji, as well as his grandchildren Seijuro and Seiran. Both boys are talented-outgoing Seijuro being famed for his athletic and leadership skills while the introvert Seiran a reknown musical prodigy. The siblings are both close to him and he's quite sure he'll be leaving his legacy in good hands.

Rumours that the four families are warring for decades had been a big laugh to Seiichi. Nobody knows that he owed his success to his fellow corporate raiders: Tsukasa Toudou, Tokiya Oshiro, and Eikichi Kisaragi. They had established friendship through time that it had extended to their descendants.

★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★

It was somewhat unusual for Fujiko Mizuki to see her son going out of the house in a lazy Sunday afternoon. She had expected him to be home late, thinking he's now dating a girl from school. "Okaeri nasai, Seichan," she greeted him as he walks down the hall of the Water Mansion. "You're early."

Seiran just nodded at her as he went up the staircase. Fujiko followed him to his room. "You seem upset. Did something happened?"

"Nothing Mum. I'm just tired."

"Did my lovely son went out for a date?"

Seiran ignored his mother's question and went straight to his bed, lying facedown. He could hear his mother giggling-she still sounded like a teenager, much to his annoyance. Fujiko had a very youthful look she could even pass as a woman of early twenties at her age of forty-two.

Fujiko Miyazaki was a high-end actress before she married Seiji Mizuki. She's at the peak of her career when she suddenly disappeared in the face of media. After three-years of lying low from the limelight, Fujiko emerged as a married woman and a proud mother of two. Despite encouragements from different entertainment agencies, she refused to go back in the business to take care of her boys.

"What's wrong Seichan?" She asked her son again. He was her total deadringer; the only thing Seiran didn't got from her was the colour of her eyes. With a Swiss mother, Fujiko have a platinum blonde hair and grey eyes while Seiran had inherited his azure blue eyes from his grandfather. For her, it's the most beautiful colour that she could never understand.

Seiran still refused to answer Fujiko about his 'problem'. He went off to the mall to look for something he could give her as peace offering. However, he felt like she won't receive anything from him after all the harsh words he had told her.

"Seichan's weird today. Usually, when I ask you about your problem, you've got a long list of rants to throw at me."

"This is nothing Mum. Just leave me for a while."

"Aniue is also in that mood lately," Fujiko continued, talking about her older son Seijuro. He knew he cannot escape her sharp senses and at any moment she would figure out his delusions. "He refused to eat, talk and he did exactly what you're doing right now. So then I must conclude..."