I'm Sorry

Aki couldn't concentrate studying that night. Everything was happening too fast- Bridgette rejected him and at the same time, Emi confessed her feelings for him.

"Aki chan! Aren't you done reviewing? Dinner's ready!" Akiko called from downstairs. He wasn't in the mood to eat; he's broken afterall. But he doesn't even want his mum to be worried at him so he closed his book and sighed before going downstairs.

"What's for dinner?" He asked, walking to the dish cabinet to take out some plates and set the table. "We're having curry." She looked at him. "You've got problems?"

Aki gave his mum a shy smile and muttered no. She walked to him and stared at his eyes. "You can't lie to me. School problems? You need to buy something? Tell me."

"Nothing mum. I'm just tired for today. Too much work in school, I guess." He finished setting up the table and excused himself to call on his dad and his sister to dinner. He have no guts to tell them how he really feels. He doesn't want to bother them.

But still, Emi Tanaka's voice lingered in his head. Secretly he's wishing it was Bridgette saying those words to him. He's worried on how Seiran would react on this- the girl he likes confessing to his bestfriend.

Should I tell him?

★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★

Seiran was busy with his phone when his brother Seijuro arrived from his business trip in Sapporo. He's been a junior trainee at their corporation and was so far doing a great job in dealing with investors. "Yo Ran!" he greeted Seiran who's still busy composing a mail.

"Don't disturb him, he's busy with his girlfriend." Seiichi commented as he sipped on some jasmine tea. "Have you found yourself a girl, Juro chan?"

Both Seiji and Seijuro's eyes went wide with what Seiichi had said. None of them are aware that Seiran was already dating a girl. "Is that true, Ran? You're dating?! You went ahead of me?"

Seiran just shrugged. "It's not my fault if I'm much appealing than you, and no, she hadn't said yes to me. Not yet." He went back on texting Bridgette. He'd been very careful of what he would say to her, especially when she hadn't confirmed her feelings.

"What is she like?" Seiji asked his son. He knows for sure that Seiran would just ignore his question, and he was right. Seiichi was waving his hand. "Nah, you don't have to worry bout that. You would like her."

Seiran's head bolted up with an angry look in his face. "You didn't had her investigated, did you?!" He was irated by the possibility that the old man hired some PIs to spy on Bridgette. Seiichi just laughed. "As if I would need something like that!"

He motioned for Seiji to come and he whispered something at him. Seiran was agitated by the old man's action, and his father's reaction to whatever Seiichi said was troubling him. "For real?!" He was staring at Seiran in disbelief.

"It was confirmed by my most reliable source. And you can tell by that green eyes." Seiichi smirked. "Oh man, I'm jealous." Seijuro commented, laughing at Seiran's angry face.

"Well, I won't object if Seiran would decide to marry her." Seiji said, melting his anger, replacing it with confusion. "Marry... who?"

"Bridgette Tsukishiro." He almost laughed at his son's face as he knew that Seiran was imagining himself exchanging vows with her. "Oi Juro. Just when would you find a girl?"

"I actually found this badass chick in Seishun Ginga last Sunday. Dad, she's driving a Bugatti! And the way she stunned Kizuna chan? Oh God, she's gorgeous!" Seijuro said as he recall his fateful encounter with that badass Bugatti chick. Lacking interest, Seiran just ignored him and went back to his room.