Dissonance

Bridgette can't feel the warmth of Sunday morning in her skin. She hadn't slept all night-meeting Shinji is one thing, but Seiran's rejection had deprived her mind to take some rest. Although Ren managed to ease her pain, his flirty moves was definitely an addition to her problems. There's no way she could tell him to stop flirting with her. He had been there for her whenever she needed someone to lean on; she ain't got the heart to tell him to stop.

The alarm clock in her bedroom usually rings at 7AM on Sundays but today, she had it off trying to catch some sleep. She searched her medicine box for sleeping pills, unfortunately she found none. She tucked herself under her blanket, stupidly put some stingy ointment in her eyes to keep it shut, it just made her drain her emptied tear ducts for more of those salty liquids that she had learned to despise.

Bridgette grabbed her phone and checked the time. It's been three hours since she had done stupid sleep inducing methods, none of it had succeed. She can't get Seiran out of her mind: his platinum head, azure blue eyes, the way his skin felt against hers, the way he held her, his manly scent; it keeps on running into her head like crazy.

The mirror in her lavatory made her realise what she needed to do.

☆★☆★☆

Seishun Ginga is a chain of malls operated by the Kisaragi Conglomerates. It's considered the natural habitat of teenagers and young professional for its variety of shops that caters everything from clothing lines to toys to foods and it earned the name Tokyo no Harrods in reference to that exclusive London-based international shopping mall.

Bridgette went to the mall with the intention of giving herself some quick pampering after she'd gone haggard from yesterday's incident. She planned of meeting the girls for a day out and never wanted them to find out how many bucket was left in her flat full of her tears.

After an hour of body massage and spa to relax her raging muscles, she went to Kozono Styles for her main purpose. "Yui dono, hisashiburi!" Mariko Kozono greeted her. A well-known hairstylist in Japan, Mariko had taken care of Mai and Bridgette's hair for years. "It's been a long time."

The stylist immediately came to hug her, checking her hair in the process. "I see you're taking a good care of your hair."

Bridgette smiled. Her long hair was straight and so black-a colour that hid who she really is. "Is it possible for you to revert my hair colour to the way it used to?"

★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★

Bridgette found sleep after two hours of strenuous hair treatment in the well-known salon. Mariko suggested of giving her a makeover but she refused; she wanted to look just the way she is.

The stylist woke her after she's done with the hair blowing. She smiled at Bridgette and held out a small bowl of green tea flavoured ice cream. "I see that you've been so tired these past few days," Mariko said, still smiling while Bridgette checks herself for drool. "Did someone made you sleepless?"

She let out a laugh at Bridgette's expense. The shock in her face was priceless. "Not really. I'm studying hard for the upcoming exams."

"Hai hai."

After a little chitchat and another ice cream bowl, Bridgette thanked Mariko and left the salon. Aimi and Emi agreed to meet her in On The Corner and that she needs to talk to them so bad. She stopped walking midway to compose an email when suddenly a high-pitched voice bellowed at her.

"You're on my way!" A girl yelled from her back. Bridgette just ignored her and continued sending the message; the car park is all wide she couldn't be in a wrong place to be on someone's way. The girl shouted again. "I said you're on my way!"