The Nerdy Prince

"Tsukishiro san," a girl called Bridgette from behind. She turned to see a pretty girl with round, brown eyes matching her long, brown hair. "My name is Emiri Tanaka. I sit right in front of you." Emiri introduced herself.

"Please to meet you, Tanaka san."

"You can call me Emi."

"Thank you, Emi. Uh, just call me Yui." Bridgette absentmindedly replied which surprised Emi. "Yui?" she asked.

Shimatta! I forgot! Bridgette had gone pale from her unexpected slip of the tongue. "Yui? What Yui?" she nervously asked. "You said to call you Yui." Emi answered, obviously confused.

"I didn't say Yui. I said, just call me Bridgette," she smiled to release her tension and put Emi at ease. "Oh, okay. Would you like me to show you around?" Emi asked.

"Well actually, someone—"

"Excuse me! Is Tsukishiro san here?" Bridgette turned around to see who's looking for her. A tall, cute guy in spectacles was at the door, searching the room for her.

"Tachibana senpai." Emi whispered while staring at the guy. "Who is he?" Bridgette asked. "He is Aki Tachibana, a third year. He's the student council president, and ranking number 1 in academics." Emi answered.

Bridgette just answered 'ooh' in her statement; she noticed that Emi is having a crush with the guy as she looks at him so lovingly. She didn't noticed that he's already at her back when he spoke.

"Tsukishiro san?"

"Uh, yeah?"

"I'm Aki Tachibana, president of the student council. Onimura sensei asked me to pick you here in your room to show you around the school." He have a very kind, handsome face and a gentle voice that stopped Bridgette's pulse for a while.

"Uh, yeah."

"Shall we go?"

"Uh, yeah." Bridgette stood up, closed her eyes, checked her composure, then whispered. "Yoroshiku onegaishimasu." Aki turned around and smile, "Yoroshiku ne. Ikkimasho?"

* * * * *

Aki showed her around the school where in she's starting to have interest in different clubs. He speaks so kind to her that immediately she's comfortable around him. He even bought her a cinnamon roll.

"Just think of it as a sign of our friendship," he told her when she insisted on paying for the bread. "Thank you," Bridgette shyly answered. How I wish that this guy sits right next to me in class, she thought. Well, Hirasawa doesn't seem so bad, though.

"This is the music building. We have many music clubs: the glee club, the school orchestra club, for which Onimura sensei is the advisor, and the modern music band," Aki explained to her as they entered the building. She was so fascinated that they have different music clubs in school; she have plans of entering a music conservatoire after she graduated. But there's one thing that she's longing to ask him.

"Do they have a grand piano in here?"

Aki stopped and looked at her. "A piano? Yeah. Why, do you play it?" he asked. Bridgette didn't answered. She feels overwhelmed that there's a piano in the school.

"Only one person plays the piano here."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Only he doesn't want to be bothered while playing," Aki smiled as they entered the piano room. "He hasn't played these past few weeks, though." Bridgette's eyes widened as she saw the piano and immediately ran in to it.