Chapter. 21

Day: 11

Life Count: 160

Dream:

He almost fell off a cliff.

He almost was caught by his psychopathic hunter.

He had an insightful conversation with his enemy.

He was caught by his best friend while almost walking off the edge of a waterfall.

What a day.

George pulled him back onto firm ground and Dream stumbled backwards, his hands brushing against the stone for support. He shook his head, trying to clear his mind, his head spinning as he fell back against the rock wall. George had his eyes averted the entire time, and Dream reached up to his face as he remembered he didn't have his mask on.

"Hold on." Dream mumbled, then ran inside his cave, tying the porcelain circle back over his head. "Okay, you can look now."

George slowly walked inside the cave and looked up to stare at Dream's mask, as if he was trying to imagine the face behind it. The shorter man gently strode up to the blond boy so that he was right in front of him, tilting his head slightly to look up at Dream.

"Hey." Dream murmured, feeling his face flush red at the proximity, awkwardly reaching up to run his hand through his matted hair. "Um, thanks?"

"Are you blushing?" George, pointing to the sliver of Dream's face that was uncovered and was bright red. "You look like your blushing."

"N-no, I'm not." Dream looked away from the smugly smirking brown haired man in front of him. "I'm not."

"Mmkay." George just shrugged and wrapped his arms around Dream's waist, hugging him and making him let out a small 'oh' in surprise. "You were."

"Was not." Dream grumbled as he rested his head on top of George's hair, his breaths ruffling the dark strands. "I don't blush."

George pulled away, his eyebrow raised, looking completely unconvinced. Dream sighed and sat down on his cot, throwing off his wet hoodie and shivering as his cold skin met the frigid air. Water was still running down his back from his soaked hair, and he growled every time a droplet slid between his shoulder blades, making his whole body go cold. He unconsciously started unwrapping the bandage around his arm, wincing every time he pulled a sliver of his own skin away.

"Here, let me help." George walked over and sat down next to Dream, gently batting his hands away. "You always end up just hurting yourself more whenever you try."

"You're not going to stop unless I give in, right?" Dream grumbled, and George just nodded with a grin on his face. "Fine then, whatever."

George deftly unwrapped the bandage from Dream's shoulder, wincing and looking extremely guilty when the blond boy hissed in pain. His fingers were healing, looking less like a crushed mess and more like a hand, and the cuts on his knuckles and palms had scabbed over. George took in a breath and looked up at Dream, worry in his eyes as he saw the infected wound on the blond man's shoulder.

"Dream, why didn't you tell me it was this bad?" George could almost feel the heat radiating from the blond man's skin, the infected cut still inflamed and swollen.

"Because I knew you would react like this." Dream gave a small cough and George glanced up at him, worried. "See, your already overreacting. I'm all right."

"That's what you said the last times when you were dying, Dream." George pointed out as he took out a small jar of salve from his sweatshirt pocket. "Bad gave this to me and told me it was for you. I heard you guys are okay now, you, Bad and Skeppy. I know what you did for them. They owe you their lives. You can come back now."