Chapter: 18

Night: 9

Life Count: 170

Skeppy:

He didn't die.

He was actually surprised that he didn't, surprised to find himself in warm, dry clothes, with his wounds bandaged and his axe laying polished at his feet. He was in a cave, the stone walls arching over him, the front of the cavern shielded by a waterfall, the same waterfall that him and Bad had fallen off.

Bad.

Panic flashed through him, the image of his boyfriend's green eyes fluttering closed, his breath stopping, his chest not rising and falling still haunted his mind. He glanced around the cave, breathing in a sigh of relief as he saw Bad's peaceful face sleeping behind him, the color returned to his face, his lips parted slightly, letting out little snores. Skeppy felt a smile come to his face as he saw his soulmate, alive and laying next to him, murmuring incoherent words in his sleep. The dark haired man reached over and pulled Bad into his arms, the green eyed boy snuggling closer and wrapping his arms around Skeppy's waist.

"I'm glad your awake, you muffin." Skeppy murmured, feeling his throat burning, feeling like pieces of glass were stuck in his throat. "I couldn't live without you."

His body hurt, his chest feeling like someone had dropped bricks on him, each breath making a stab of pain shoot up him. His hands were covered with bruises and dried blood from trying to pull the chain off Bad's ankle, phantom water still closing around him, filling his lungs, choking him. He gasped for breath, the memory of drowning still haunting him as he glanced down at Bad's ankle, the iron manacle still wrapped around his foot, but the chain was completely snapped. The metal was fractured, cut roughly like it had been done with a sword, the sphere of metal probably still laying at the bottom of the pool.

"S-Skeppy?"

He felt his heart leap as he saw Bad, his long lashed eyelids fluttering open, looking adorably confused as he looked up at Skeppy. The dark haired man smiled as he met his soulmate's eyes, the emeralds clear and bright, not glazed over and fading, alive and real. He pulled Bad in and kissed him, the green eyed boy giving a little squeak of surprise, but leaning in anyway, running his hands through Skeppy's hair.

"God, I'm so glad your okay!" Skeppy murmured into Bad's hair as he pulled back, laying his chin on the top of his boyfriend's head.

Skeppy grinned down at him, Bad smiled too, then turned around and smacked Skeppy on the shoulder, with enough force for the dark haired boy to wince.

"Hey!" he protested, rubbing his arm, and looking reproachfully at the green eyed boy, who just stared impassively back. "What was that for?"

"You didn't listen to me, you muffin." Bad's crossed his arms and stuck out his lip in a pout, looking too cute for Skeppy to take him seriously. "I said to go up and not die and guess what you went and did! You stayed down and almost drowned! You should have just gone back up and lived!"

Bad bit his lip, pain showing in his face every time he breathed, every time he talked, every time he moved. He had tears in his emerald eyes now, looking at his boyfriend with such worry and fear that it made Skeppy's heart break.

"I couldn't let you die..." Skeppy gently grabbed the brown haired boy's hands in his own, rubbing Bad's knuckles soothingly, the pain in his injured fingers pushed to the back of his mind. "You know how hard it was, to sit there, helpless, and watch you drowning? I can't close my eyes now without thinking about it..."

"I can't either." Bad looked away from Skeppy, shivering as if he too still felt the cold water pressing in around him. "I can still see Wilbur's face as he just pushed me..."