Chapter. 2

Dream:

Save yourself.

Horribly cryptic and unspecific message.

Dream blinked, the red words imprinted on the insides of his eyelids and tried to swing his legs into a kneeling position as Schlatt's face replaced the red lettering on the walls.

"Welcome to The Massacre." Schlatt glared down at him, a red tint from the fading letters casting his face into a dark shadow. "The only rule is to save yourself. Forget about your friends, you families, the people you loved because they don't matter anymore. You will most likely meet them in this arena, but do not hesitate to wipe them out, because the only life that matters is your own."

Dream bit his lip, thinking about what Schlatt had said. Other people that he knew were in the game, other people that he cared about, his friends. He was not going to kill them, he wasn't going to let anyone else kill them, and he didn't care if Schlatt killed him because of it. Sapnap could be in there, or Tubbo or Tommy. He felt sick. If Schlatt was forcing kids, teenagers to fight to the death in a sadistic arena, then he was going to straight up murder him.

George could be in the arena.

He could be sitting in a room exactly like this one, waiting for the moment that he would have to face death. George could die, and Dream wouldn't be there to stop it.

"The only things you'll need in this arena are your weapon or weapons of choice, and a wristcom that tracks the arena deaths, and the players still alive." As Schlatt spoke, the cuffs around Dream's wrists and ankles clicked off and a panel on the far wall opened. "Don't loose these items. They are your life and death."

Dream slowly limped over to the far wall, his body sending little jolts of pain every step as he reached the panel. Inside the box lay a sword made out of some dark alloy that seemed to be shimmering slightly, and a leather sheath next to it. On top of those items was a small silver wristwatch looking thing, and as soon as he picked it up, words and numbers started immediately flashing.

Day: 1

Life Count: 1,000

One thousand people were entering the arena today, but only one person was going to make it out alive. The odds were not in his favor this time.

"One more thing." Schlatt echoed, and Dream gave a start, not remembering that Schlatt was still in the room. "You will soon be transported to the arena. Remember the rules. Stay alive. Save yourself."

With that ominous note, Schlatt just left.

Dream frowned at the wall where Schlatt's face had just occupied, replaying everything the man had said over in his head. He was worried that Sapnap or George might be here already, thinking about the exact same thing. He strapped the leather sheathe, with the dark sword in it, to his belt and put the wristcom on his left hand. He stared at it for a second, watching the numbers on it, hopping his friends weren't part of those other thousand people.

Suddenly the room turned completely dark, like the lights had turned off, or he had just shut his eyes. He could feel the room spinning around him, or he was spinning and the room was staying still, either way, it was still making him nauseous. He tried to see what was going on around him, but all he could see was darkness, no light or color at all. Then, as suddenly as the darkness had come, it stopped, and Dream opened his eyes, instantly blinded by the light.

There were hundreds of people in front of him, each with a weapon in their hand and a wristcom on their arm. All of them were blinking in the calm sunlight, each of them taking time to rub at their eyes and look around dazedly.