Chapter. 12

Day: 6

Life Count: 197

Dream:

He was not good at waiting.

He learned this while he was waiting for George to wake up, the brown haired boy still asleep, but getting better. Even though he should have been welcoming the new people into their base, helping the survivors of the tornado that had swept over the left side of the arena, he stayed in the medbay, waiting.

"Dream, you should see who just showed up!" Sapnap popped his head into the cave, the torchlight shining on his excited expression. "It's Karl!"

The blond man almost laughed at the happiness on his friend's face as Sapnap walked over to George, laying on a woven bed of leaves and vines. The man in the bandana looked down at George, the British man's face peaceful, his mouth slightly open, snoring lightly. His hand was still intertwined with Dream's and Sapnap's eyebrows raised slightly as he noticed, opening his mouth to say something.

"No." Dream stopped his friend before he could utter another word. "Same principle. Don't say anything, because whatever it is, it's going to be stupid."

"I was just coming in to check on George." Sapnap smirked at Dream, and he blushed slightly under his mask. "And to pass on a message from Bad."

"Is there something wrong?" Dream felt worry rise in him as Sapnap looked up from George's face. "Did they find us? Did something happen?"

"No, nothing happened... yet." Sapnap twisted his hands together nervously. "It would be best if you heard it at the meeting."

Dream nodded, glancing over at George's face one last time before sliding his hand from the brown haired boy's grip. He instantly felt colder, already missing George's warmth as he followed Sapnap out of the medbay and down the stone tunnels. His leg slowed him down considerably, the burn just now starting to heal, the arrow removed, white bandages wraped around the wound. He probably looked like a mummy by now, as he was covered in white wrappings, some still red with dried blood, some dusted with dark ash. The entrance to the meeting room was covered by a white sheet, most likely to provide some privacy, a dark handprint staining the pure color as Sapnap's ash and blood covered hand pushed it aside.

"Hey, everyone." Sapnap casually slid into the meeting room, Dream following close behind him. "Sorry we're late."

The tension was so thick that it could be cut with a knife, eyes following them as they walked into the room and sat down. The faces ranged from slightly curious to openly hostile and suspicious, fear and anger filling the air. Hands were on the weapons at their sides as Dream glanced around the room, feeling pinned to his chair by the fury filled gazes. The only people who looked happy to see them were a man in a dark hoodie, a smaller boy dressed in blue clutched to his chest.

"It's okay," Bad smiled at him, his hood down, his brown hair messy, his arm protectively around Skeppy's waist. "We're still waiting on Eret, Illumina, Spifey and Mr. Beast."

"Mr. Beast's still with Chris in the public medbay, but he said he'd be over shortly." Skeppy put his head on Bad's shoulder, a burn stretching from his chin to his lip, making his smile slightly lopsided as he grinned up at the green-eyed boy holding him.

Dream smirked as Bad pressed a kiss to Skeppy's forehead, Sapnap's eyebrows now almost merging with his hairline, a look of complete surprise on his face.

"Did I miss something?" Sapnap gestured to Bad's arms around the dark haired boy as Skeppy pressed himself into the green eyed man's side.

"Hey, this might be my last time to live life fully, so I took a chance and put myself out there." Bad held the boy in his arms tighter. "Maybe you should do the same."