Chapter. 5

Day: 2

Life Count: 830

Dream:

Techno, Wilbur, Tommy, Zelk and Mega.

What a day ahead of him.

He knew someone was going to come and try to kill him eventually, but he was still surprised that it had happened this soon. It was nice to know that people remembered him enough to send multiple battalions of people after him, but it was also bad for the two people traveling with him. As if sensing his thoughts, George stood up, placing a hand on his friend's shoulder, his glasses obscuring most of his face.

"Dream?" George turned the masked man to face him, the brown haired man's mouth a thin line, his hands shaking slightly at his side. "What should we do?"

Dream bit his lip as he looked over the group of heavily armed people closing in from the east, and the familiar pig mask and crown to the north. He could see the morning sun glinting off weapons and arrows, the most prominent being Techno's silvery-blue sword and the tips of Mega's bow. He felt him mouth go dry at the sight of them all, coming here just to kill him, and a slight flicker of fear raced through him.

"Run." Dream looked down at the foliage beneath his feet, avoiding George's gaze. "Take Sap and run away. Survive. These people are only here for me."

Dream braced himself for George's outburst over what Dream had just said but wasn't ready for a warm hand grasping his own, and he looked up to see George smiling at him.

"You know I'm not going to do that, Dream." George told him, his voice quiet as Sapnap walked over. "Neither of us will."

"Yeah. We can take them." Sapnap slung his arms around Dream and George's shoulders, smirking slightly. "Me and the two lovebirds fighting for our lives. That has a nice ring to it."

"Sapnap!" George and Dream yelled as their faces turned pink, their hands flying apart as they both whipped around to glare at the dark haired man.

Sapnap laughed nervously as George started towards him, his hand going towards the hilt of the sword as the other man backed towards the edge of the canopy. Dream just rolled his eyes as Sapnap kept moving away from George, his back to the end of the leaves.

"Guys, we have a bigger enemy right now." Dream sat down on the vines, letting his legs swing over the edge. "So quit fighting each other and lets figure out how to fight them."

The other two fell silent, George shooting Sapnap one more look before sitting down next to Dream, laying his sword in his lap, and staring down at the shinning blade. Sapnap huffed before flopping down beside them, his axe making a clattering sound in the sheathe on his belt as he propped himself up on his elbows.

"George, don't be stubborn." Dream shot a glance at the brown haired boy, then dropped his gaze to his hands resting on his knees. "These people just want me gone. I don't want you guys getting hurt just because people are after me."

"Dream?" George faced him, his glasses hiding his eyes, the rest of his face was impassive. "Look at me."

Dream looked up at his friend's face, thankful for the mask that was obscuring his own features, glad that George couldn't see the raw defeat in his eyes. He didn't want them to die because of him. He didn't want anyone else to die.

"We're your friends." George told him, a small smile coming over his face as Sapnap nodded behind him. "We care about you. Its just the way it is."

"Yeah." Sapnap grinned, hoisting the glittering axe over his shoulders and leaning back on his elbows. "Your stuck with us, Dream. Deal with it."

Dream just shook his head at his friends antics, smiling to himself as George stood up, offering his hand to the masked man. He looked up at George, the hair blowing his brown hair all across his face, some of the light catching on his mocha eyes, making them shine through his glasses. Sapnap smirked and raised his eyebrows at the pair as Dream grasped his friends hand and George pulled him to his feet, the dark haired boy's eyes falling on his friends interlocked hands.