Chapter. 40

Doomsday:

Life Count: 25

Dream:

It was time.

He woke up curled around George, his arms around the shorter man and his chest pressed to his soulmate's back. Someone was shaking them awake, a deep laughter echoing from above him, gleaming amber eyes, and blurry strands of pink hair barely visible. Dream blinked awake, careful not to disturb the sleeping man in his arms as he glared at the man above him.

"Figured I'd find you here." Technoblade raised one angular eyebrow, his lean arms crossed and his hair tied back into a long braid. "It's almost time to go, and Phil told me to wake you up so you have a chance to prepare."

Something was slightly off about the tall man, maybe the dark circles underneath his amber and rust eyes. Maybe it was the little hint of red in his pale skin, the two thin lines like tear tracks etched from his lower eyelids to his sharp jaw. Maybe it was how his hands shook as he tucked a piece of his hair behind his ear, but Dream decided it was nothing.

"Tech, you could have given me, like, five more minutes. I was having a nice sleep, before you came and woke me up." Dream noticed the pink haired man glance away from him, his shoulders tensing slightly. "What is it?"

"It's just... you called me Tech." The pink haired man scratched the back of his neck, his eyes getting slightly sad as he looked back at Dream. "Wilbur was the only one who used to call me that before he... um, yeah."

"Oh, do you not want me to call you that?" The blond man's eyes widened with horror and his mind instantly went into panic mode.

"No, it's all right. I don't mind. You are more like a brother than he ever was anyway." Techno sighed, one hand tugging at the little strands of hair that had fallen out of his braid, the other hand rubbing at the scars on his chest.

"Aww, thanks Tech." Dream smiled at the pink haired man, and Techno hesitantly lifted the corners of his mouth into a sort of grin. "Hey, I've got your back today. Whatever goes down, I'll be by your side."

"Eh, I've got my dysfunctional family guarding me. You take care of your little boyfriend because he's going to need it. Wilbur goes after the weakest points of people. He threatened to kill Tommy, and he'll try and kill George." Techno warned, glancing down at the sleeping brown haired man. "I've experienced firsthand how much Wilbur can manipulate someone, use their attachments to his advantage. Just... be careful."

"I will, well, as careful as I can be in a warzone." Dream gently ran his fingers through George's hair, and his soulmate murmured sleepily, curling closer to the blond man. "All we need to do is kill Wilbur, and Sapnap, then we're fine."

"Huh, I hope it's that simple." Techno's amber eyes flicker to George's face as he started to wake up, the pink haired man moving towards the door. "Well, this was a nice conversation. I'll go before lover boy wakes up."

"Are you scared of affection, Technoblade?" Dream raised his eyebrow, smirking slightly as he leaned down and kissed George's temple, the pink haired man rolling his eyes but sighing uncomfortably. "Have you ever even dated anyone before?"

"Why does everyone ask me this!" Techno threw his hands in the air in exasperation, sighing as Dream laughed at him, making George stir. "I don't date, and I have no idea how to handle any kind of compassion or anything like that! The only thing I know how to do is stab people."

"Well, that's going to be pretty useful soon, Tech." Dream wrapped his arms tighter around his groggy soulmate as the brown haired man pressed a sleepy kiss to the blond man's jaw. "Well, see you soon. Keep Tommy and Tubbo safe, please."