Chapter. 8

Day: 4

Life Count: 600

George:

Life sucked sometimes.

Like when you woke up, hoping for peaceful bliss, but instead felt like your whole body was on fire, the pain making the world spin, and his head hurt. The instant he opened his eyes, he shut them again. The world was too bright, and it only made his headache worse, little white dots still invading his vision after he had his eyelids squeezed tightly closed. He could hear someone talking to him, their honey-sweet voice whispering something that George could barely make out.

"He's going to make it." The voice said, breaking a little at the last bit as George felt Dream's soft hand grasp his own like a lifeline. "He has to make it."

"Dream..." another person spoke, his light voice slightly recognizable as George felt someone checking his pulse, Badboyhalo's light fingertips brushing over the wound in his side. "He doesn't look so good. You have to prepare yourself for-"

"Prepare myself for what, Bad?" Dream interrupted, his tone raising, his grip on George's hand tightening.

George gave a little gasp of pain as his wound throbbed, a little burst of agony crawling up his spine, making his eyes flash open.

"George!" Dream spun to face him, his voice conveying the surprise and the relief that his masked face couldn't. "Your awake!"

"Yeah, and I wish I wasn't" George gave a small groan of pain as he turned to face his friend, the smiley-face mask almost familiar now. "Nice to see you alive, Dream."

"Likewise." Dream sat down next to where George was laying, his hand still grasping his friend's palm as George looked around at where he was.

"Where am I? What happened? All I remember is someone holding my hand, then passing out." George saw Dream twitch when he said that last bit but decided to ignore it.

"Your at our base." Bad walked over and smiled at George, his green eyes weary, but strong. "Welcome to the group of people who are sick of this game. It was just me and Skeppy that the beginning, but then we found more people who didn't want to kill anyone, so we started this group."

"They saved our lives, back in the forest." Dream glanced up at Bad, a smile in his voice. "If they hadn't shown up, we would be dead."

"Thanks Bad." George grinned at his dark haired friend as Bad lifted his shirt to check his bandages, unwrapping and rewrapping them with practiced hands. "And I would have been extra dead if you hadn't patched me up in time."

"You can thank Dream for that." Bad shot a glance at the masked man, who looked away. "He was very... adamant about having you treated first, even before himself."

"Your not still hurt, are you?" George furrowed his eyebrows at Dream, worry sparking in him. "Do you know how bad Techno's sword wounds can be? I experienced firsthand."

"Yeah, George, I'll live." Dream spoke reassuringly, but George could hear the pain in his voice as he stood up, his hand falling out of the brown eyed boy's grip. "You were the one who almost died. What did you do that for?"

"Do what?" George sat fully upright and winced, clutching his side, and letting out a soft growl of pain from between his clenched teeth.

"You know." Even Dream's voice sounded like it was rolling it's eyes as the blond haired man grabbed a roll of bandages from a small stone alcove.

George took a second not to answer, choosing this time to look around at his new base, the small cave just letting in enough wind from the outside to make him shiver. They were in some kind of cavern, and George could hear the echoes of footsteps and voices most likely coming from other caves and tunnels, the sound bouncing off the cold stone and reverberating around him, each noise magnified a hundredfold.