Chapter. 45

Doomsday:

Life Count: Unknown

Dream:

Everything was not fine.

He was panicking.

"Dream, watch out!" George yelled as Sapnap swung a kick at his head, the half-masked man turning just in time to catch a boot to the face.

Dream flew backwards, skidding to a halt as he raised a hand to his most definitely broken nose, checking the damage. Blood ran down his face as he watched George try and attack Sapnap, the brown haired man punching the man in the bandana in the face. Sapnap reeled back a bit before lashing out, knocking back George so he skidded to a halt at Dream's feet.

"Hey, hot guy." George gritted his teeth in pain as the half-masked man offered him a hand up, and the brown haired man took it. "How you doing?"

"I should be the one asking that." Dream laughed as he gently grasped the brown haired man's hand, his sword gripped in the other palm.

"God, could you guys just shut up with the sappy stuff?" Sapnap growled, leaping at the pair again, his axe swinging down through the air. "It's making me sick."

Dream blocked the swing, his arms trembling with the block as George tried to swipe at Sapnap's ribs. The dark haired man dodged out of the way, his feet sliding on the dusty and bloodstained ground. Dream's knuckles tightened on the blade of his sword as he waited for Sapnap to strike again.

"Why do you even hate us?" George's soft voice barely caried over the wind as the dark haired man whipped his head towards him. "Why are you so angry?"

"You're so stupid." Sapnap hissed, his eyes narrowed as he rushed at George, swinging his axe at the brown haired man's head. "You guys left me! You just ran along with your perfect Dream and George life, not caring about me, or even remembering me."

That was kind of true.

Not going to lie.

Dream felt a little wince of guilt along with a flash of pain as the tip of the axe cut into his shoulder. He gave a little cry, twisting to get away from Sapnap as George attacked from the side, sword flashing. The distraction gave Dream enough time to wrap some fabric around his arm, then rejoin the fight.

"That's still not enough to hate over, Sapnap." George growled as the brown haired man tried to land a hit on the man in the bandana. "Even for someone like you."

"Oh, really?" Sapnap scoffed, his axe easily slicing across the brown haired man's leg and red blood splattered across the dirt floor. "Imagine someone falling in love with your best friend and taking him away from you. Imagine some prick sweeping in and stealing the person you care about? How would you feel then!"

"That makes none of your actions justifiable!" George shouted as he tried to kick Sapnap, but the dark haired man grabbed his leg and threw him to the ground. "Do you know how many people you've hurt!"

"I've hurt people as much as they've hurt me." Sapnap hissed, and beside them, Dream flinched and ran his hand across the scars on his arms. "If others have gotten in my way, then I've hurt them too."

"Tommy got in your way?" Dream met Sapnap's eyes as the dark haired man glared at him, pausing for one second. "He's a kid! You almost killed him! How can you even think about that!"

"I did what had to be done."

"No, you're a psychopath and you're crazy." George muttered, and Sapnap whipped his head around to glare at the shorter man.