Chapter. 38

Day: 25

Life Count: 25

Dream:

The message came later than expected.

No one told him about it.

But he didn't really expect them to anyway.

It was Bad to ran into the medbay where Dream sat listening to Techno tell a story while Tommy braided his long pink hair. George had his arms wrapped around Dream, the blond man leaning against his soulmate's chest as he sat with half closed eyes, smiling slightly. Phil was drawing something with Tubbo, a little sketchy outline of a bee, and the brown haired kid was grinning ecstatically. Bad had rushed in, clutching a piece of paper in his hand, his face filled with horror, and the happy air in the room evaporated.

"Bad, what's goin' on?" Techno shot up, Tommy accidentally yanking his head back, his fingers still twisted in his brother's pink hair. "What's happened?"

"Is someone dead?" Dream rasped, startling George as his brown eyes flew open, the pair looking at Bad apprehensively. "Did someone get killed?"

"Is Dream being sentenced to death again?" Tubbo raised an eyebrow at the blond man as he gave the kid a look. "What? It's a valid question. You've been 'executed' or sentenced to death or imprisoned way too many times."

"Is Wilbur coming to kill us?" Tommy asked, and Phil wrapped an arm around his son comfortingly. "Are we going to be attacked?"

"Everyone just shut up and listen to him!" George yelled, everyone instantly fell silent, and the brown haired man smiled, motioning for Bad to speak. "Now, what's up."

"It's... not good." The emerald eyed man fiddled with the seal on the paper a bit before opening it with shaking hands. "It's a letter from Wilbur. He's delivered us an ultimatum.

'Skeppy and Badboyhalo.

I know you have Dream.

I know you have Technoblade.

And I know you have Tommy.

I want them back.

They are mine.

Give them to me, and surrender yourselves to us, and we won't come and kill you all. You are weak, with too many injured and too many dead. You will be slaughtered if you fight us. I suggest you think verry carefully about you're next move before you make it. Give Tommy, Technoblade and Dream to me, and you keep your life, and keep the lives of people you care about.

I want to see white flags.

Outside your base.

By tomorrow.

At dawn.

Or you are dead.

Give me back what is rightfully mine.

Wilbur Soot.'

There was silence.

Tubbo reached over and gently grasped his best friend's shaking hands, pulling Tommy close to him. The blond boy was trembling as Tubbo wrapped comforting arms around him, holding him gently as Tommy curled closer. Techno pulled his legs to his chest, looking alone, his pink hair falling all over his face as he rested his chin on his knees. Phil sat down beside his son, rubbing comforting circles on the masked man's back, and Techno smiled sadly at him. George looked down at Dream, brown eyes scared and worried as the blond man sighed, his fingers brushing his lips. George brushed blond hair from his soulmate's forehead, gently leaning forwards to kiss Dream's freckled nose, a sorrowful smile on his face.