Chapter. 33

Night: 17

Life Count: 70

Technoblade:

He visited Purpled's grave one last time before leaving.

It wasn't anything special, just a smooth white stone right above the place where the kid lay, forever asleep. Inscribed in the rock was simply Purpled's name, his date of death, at least in arena time, and a quote.

'Purpled,

A friend who always knew what was right.

May he forever rest in peace'

Techno knelt down beside the grave, a sword in his hand, a small bundle of pink flowers in the other. He gently laid Ponk's sword beside the stone, the moonlight shimmering on the intricate blade. The thorns of the light roses cut into his hands, but he ignored it, laying the beautiful pink blossoms next to the sword, a drop of his blood landing on the petal of a lily. He didn't know what to do without that happy little kid bouncing around him, a smile on his face as he helped a bee escape from a spider's web.

A drop of water landed next to the spot of blood.

Surprised, Techno lifted his hand up to his face, his fingertips brushing under his eye and coming away wet. He looked down at the moisture covering his palm as another drop of water slid down his face, landing on the white headstone.

Techno was crying.

He missed Purpled.

Tears fell from his face as he stayed, head bowed, kneeling beside the grave of his friend. Purpled was somewhere better now, somewhere all the violence and pain couldn't reach him, untroubled by the horrors of the world. He was safe now, above all the conflict and loss of everyone he loved, forever asleep under the ground.

It was time to go.

He needed Purpled here.

He needed the kid to tell him to go on, to do this and do this right, to save Dream, and Tommy from further pain. To save Phil from his monster of a son, to save Tubbo from the same fate as his best friend, to save everyone. He needed Purpled beside him to tell him that everything was going to turn out all right, he needed the kid to watch his back, get him out of sticky situations, to make him smile when things were bad.

He wanted Purpled back.

But he couldn't have him back.

That was selfish of him.

He needed to do this alone.

Technoblade brushed his hand across the grave one more time, the dampness from his tears leaving little streaks across the stone. He felt a smile come across his face as he imagined Purpled's happy face beaming up at him. He could almost hear the boy laughing as he threaded another pink flower in Techno's hair, the scent of lilies and baking bread making the older man smile. He stood up, looking at the white headstone once more before turning and walking away, his footsteps light on the heather.

It was time to get Dream back.

~

His hands were bloodstained.

The rough bark was cutting into his palms as he sat, perched into a tree above the center of Wilbur's camp. He could see almost everything from here, except where Dream was hidden, but his brother was always the type to be cautious. There was no way Wilbur would risk his prized captive escaping before he had a chance to execute him. So Techno had to be verry careful, get in, grab Phil, Tubbo, Tommy and Dream, then get out of there as fast as possible.