Chapter. 25

Day: 13

Life Count: 140

Technoblade:

He felt safe.

He watched as Purpled neatly swung his sword, cutting off a straw dummy's head with excellent precision. The blond haired boy looked over at him, grinning and breathing heavily, dummy heads laying around him. Techno felt his own face twitch, a small smile growing on his face as he felt a rush of pride at how much the boy had learned.

"How was that?" Purpled bounded over to where the pink haired man sat under a shaded tree. "I kept my stance tighter this time, like you said, and it felt better overall."

"That was great kid." Techno handed the blond boy a glass of water and his purple hoodie, and he took them gratefully. "Your form looked good. Those dummies didn't stand a chance."

Purpled smiled, looking so happy in that one second that it made Techno's heart soar as he stood up. The blond boy slid the taller man's arm over his shoulder, supporting him as they limped slowly back to the cabin. The smell of warm bread and baked potatoes greeted them as Purpled pushed open the door and helped Techno inside.

"Was someone here?" Purpled asked as he pulled open an oven door and peaked inside to see the warm loaf of bread. "I don't think I was cooking anything, right?"

"Oh, that was me." Techno shrugged nonchalantly as he pulled out a perfectly brown potato and bit into it with a sigh of satisfaction. "I baked some things before you woke up this morning. I figured you'd be hungry."

"Thanks, Techno." Purpled didn't even try to slice a piece of bread, he just tore off a hunk and popped it into his mouth. "This is good. I didn't know you could cook."

"Well, with my family, I was kind of forced to do the cooking, or we would be eating burnt lumps of charcoal." Techno laughed a bit as he sat down on a wooden stood next to the fire, staring mesmerized by the flickering flames. "It was either me cook or eat Tommy's horrible burnt food. It was horrible."

Techno shivered at the memory and Purpled laughed as he sat down next to the pink haired man. The blond boy had a happy smile on his face as he munched on the bread, letting out little tired sigh as he leaned back.

"Techno?" The boy asked tentatively as the man turned towards Purpled, a soft smile on his face. "Can I braid your hair?"

"Yeah, sure kid." Techno felt a warmth spread through him as the boy lightly ran his fingers through his long pink hair, untangling it before starting to weave the braid.

The feel of someone's hands through his hair brought back memories of Tommy, just lightly talking to Techno as he braided his brother's hair. He would talk about his day, grumble about Dream, or laugh over something funny that Tubbo had done, with such a happy smile on his face. Phil would be in the living room, sitting across from him, working on some project, like those wings he was building. Wilbur would be curled up in a chair by the fireplace, his nose in a book, his glasses almost falling off his nose, peacefully reading.

That was when his family had been happy.

He missed the feeling of someone braiding his hair, of Tommy talking in his ear, making him laugh as he ranted about Dream. He missed how Wilbur would smile as Techno was found curled up with one of the brown haired man's books. Wilbur would always let him read his books though, but he'd always question why Techno had stayed up so late reading. He remembered how he'd spent days with Phil in his small workshop, watching as his father welded little bits of metal and shards of glass into a charm.

He still wore the charm.

He reached down to his neckline, relief rushing through him as he felt his fingers brush a leather cord. He pulled out the small black and white pendant that was hung around his neck, the imbedded glass sparkling as it caught the firelight. The two sides, the dark and the light hung suspended from the chain, a reminder of what Phil had told him many years ago.