Chapter. 46

Doomsday:

Life Count: Unknown

Tommy:

"They're dead."

Tommy felt the world freeze.

"What?"

"I mean that they're dead, Tommy. I killed them-" Sapnap looked slightly insane, a giggle coming from his lips, his head tilted slightly and his dark eyes wide. "They're gone- all gone- I did it- I did it!"

Tommy felt nauseous.

His head spun as he tried to process the information, stumbling back a bit as Sapnap leisurely walked towards him. The dark haired man looked unhinged, broken, and crazy, like killing his best friends had destroyed every ounce of humanity he had left.

It was terrifying.

It reminded him of... Wilbur.

He turned and looked over at the brown haired man, whose face looked genuinely shocked, his hands clenched into fists. Tommy couldn't resist a flash of fear every time he saw those amber eyes, couldn't hold back a flinch when he heard his- Wilbur's voice.

"You're a fucking psychopath." The taller man growled, his knives glimmering as he spun them in his hands. "And that's coming from me."

"YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE ON MY SIDE!" Sapnap yelled, then took a breath, lowering his voice to a dangerous snarl that was somehow worse than his shout. "You are weak. You are a COWARD, Wilbur Soot."

Wilbur shrunk back slightly, glancing over at Tommy and the kid instinctively ducked his head, not meeting his eyes. Sapnap laughed as he prowled closer to them, the blood covered axe swinging at his side as he reloaded his crossbow.

"Even your own brother is scared of you." Sapnap crowed as Tommy wrapped his arms around himself, not confirming or denying it. "You have a messed up family. Your twin hates you, your father is disappointed in you, and your little Tommy is terrified of you. Guess what? It's all your fault."

Wilbur growled slightly, shame in his eyes and his face pale as he tried to step towards Sapnap only to get an arrow pointed at his head. He froze, his eyes narrowing as he looked down the crossbow, his eyes searching Sapnap's face for any sense of mercy. He tried to look for any kind of slightly human qualities, any remorse or kindness in the dark haired man's face.

He found none.

"You're trying to look for someone who's not there anymore." Sapnap hissed, noticing Wilbur's stare, the dark haired man's lip curling in disgust. "He died with Dream and George."

"You're crazy." Wilbur breathed as the cold metal arrow touched his forehead.

"I'm only what you made me." Sapnap responded, tilting his head, his mouth still etched in that lopsided smile.

He gave a mocking wave and tightened his finger on the trigger.

Someone knocked him away.

Wilbur cracked one eye open to see Sapnap skidding across the ground, the crossbow flying out of his hand. Tommy stood over him, a tiny flicker of anger in his eyes as he looked down at the dark haired man. The boy reached down and picked his sword up off the ground, his knuckles white on the hilt.

"Stupid boy." Sapnap hissed, getting to his feet with a wince as the boy just glared at him. "You save the person who's been hurting you for years, and for what? For him just to turn and stab you in the back?"

Tommy glanced down, his gaze wavering as he looked at Wilbur, then over at Sapnap, his eyebrows furrowed. The kid looked so torn, his eyes flicking back and forth between the two, hesitation written all over his face.