Chapter. 15

Night: 7

Life Count: 192

Dream:

Sapnap.

Sapnap had been attacked, almost killed, seen three people die around him, and he was saying Dream did it? This had to be a trick, there was no way Sapnap would ever pin something like this on his friends, unless he had real proof.

"What do you mean, Deo?" Dream growled, not bothering to try to keep the pure hostility out of his voice. "Sapnap would never say that. I've been here the entire night with George. The guards will testify that I haven't left my room."

"Shut up and follow me, Clay." He used Dream's real name in the same condescending way Wilbur had said it, making the blond man flinch slightly. "Or I'll drag you."

"What if I don't want to go with you." Dream tried to keep his voice even as he stared down at the brown haired American.

"Than I'll hurt George." Deo stated simply, grabbing the shorter boy by the shoulders, turning him to face Dream and pressing a sword to his neck. "And I know you don't want that to happen."

"Okay, I'll go. Just, let's all stay calm, and you put the sword down, Deo." Dream bit his lip, panicking slightly as the brown haired man dug his blade into George's neck, letting scarlet blood run down the metal. "Deo, stop, please."

"Fine." Deo lifted his sword and pushed George back into Dream's embrace, the shorter boy's body shaking slightly. "Now come with me, lover boy."

Dream glanced back at George one last time before reluctantly following Deo out of the room, his short cloak swishing behind him as he limped out behind the brown haired man. George felt a cold feeling like ice creeping up his spine as he watched his friend walk away from him, maybe for the last time.

Dream felt the stare of Deo press into the back of his head as the guards standing at the entrance to the cave joined them. He felt surrounded as the solders walked at his sides, weapons drawn, and Deo keeping his sword pressed to Dream's back.

"Deo, is the excessive guard really necessary?" Dream turned his head slightly to look at the brown haired man, who responded by digging the blade deeper between the blond man's shoulders. "And could you please remove the sword from my back?"

"No, Dream." Deo leaned forwards a bit to whisper into the masked man's ear. "You and I both know your too dangerous unguarded."

"That's a lie, Deo." Dream pulled away from the brown haired man, flinching a little as the guards raised their weapons threateningly. "Hey, chill out guys."

"Just keep walking." A tall guard growled, towering over him as she nudged him forwards with her axe. "And don't talk."

They walked in complete silence, the only sounds being the echoes of their boots on the stone cold floor. Dream looked to the two guards, both towering over him, their height intimidating him slightly as their shadows fell over him, making him feel small. The torches began to dim as they neared the storage room, the darkness starting to make Dream nervous, the hairs on the back of his neck as Deo pressed the sword to his back, drawing blood and making him wince.

"Do you mind?" Dream hissed.

"No, I don't." Deo smirked, then pointed towards the open storage room, motioning to the guards. "Take him there."

"Storage?" Dream's eyebrows furrowed, confused as Deo pushed him into the dark room with the guards, the dim torches barely letting in enough light. "But that's not where Sapnap... WAIT, DEO!"

He knew what was happening.

Dream threw Deo's hand off his arm, knocked down the guards, and started running towards the open door, the light beckoning him, tantalizingly close, but so far. The situation he was in reminded him of when Wilbur had tortured him, the exit just inches from his fingertips, the pain as a knife was stabbed into his gut. The scene flashed through his eyes, the blood surrounding him, Wilbur's dark eyes glinting from the shadows, distracting him for just a second.