Chapter 23: Phil

"So, Phil needs to speak with you." Techno says as his house comes in sight again.

"Is he still there?" I ask him a bit confused.

"He is."

Must be important than...

"Do you know what it is?" I ask him.

"I do."

"And you're not telling me."

"Indeed." He says and I scoff.

I hated surprises ever since I was younger. I'd rather plan everything out than be faced by something unexpected.

"Don't worry too much about it, you'll be fine." Techno says with a nudge to my shoulder. "Phil's a nice man."

"I know." I mumble.

"He raised me, did you know that? He raised both me and Wilbur, Tommy for a while too. That's why everyone calls us brothers."

"Must be a shame to have Tommy as your little brother." I say with a laugh.

"If only you knew." Techno says as he opens the door for me. I step inside and take off my coat. Phil was already sitting by the campfire and smiled at me, a genuine smile, a caring smile.

"Phil." I greet with a nod and he nodded back.

"Can I call you Sam?" Phil asks me and I nod. "Thank you, there's something I have to tell you."

"I'll leave you two." Techno says and goes upstairs.

"So first of all, I don't think I've ever told you, but I'm basically the father of Techno, Wilbur and Tommy. I see them as my sons because I raised them for the most part and everyone else knows this and thinks so too." He explains to me. "But there's also this other thing that no one knows about. You see, there was this girl that I raised for a good amount of time, but she got lost in the woods and probably lost her memories due to trauma."

I looked at Phil with blank eyes, making the connection very quickly.

"And I think that that girl was you, Sam. I didn't know your name for a while, but when I found out because of Ghostbur, I remembered." Phil says as he grabs my hand. "I haven't seen you in so long and I truly missed you, but I'm also proud of what you've become, this amazing strong woman that scares all the men around her."

He pulls me into him when he sees tears starting to form in my eyes.

"You may not be my biological daughter, but I do see you as my daughter, same goes with the other boys." Phil tells me as he pets my hair. "I'm thankful I finally have you back."

I have my answers, finally.

All I've been looking for my whole life was where I came from and now I finally found it out. I know where I belong.

I know my place.

But I don't know who I am, because that's a journey I have to fulfill all on my own. A journey that would be one of the hardest things in life for anyone.

My journey.

"Thank you, Phil. For giving me answers about myself." I mumble and Phil laughs.

"Of course, I thought it would be best if you knew and I'm very glad I told you." He says.

"So you're telling me Tommy is my little brother?"

"Unfortunately."

"I hate it here."

Not actually, because I have these awesome people around me with so much to offer.

People I can rely on.

My people.