Chapter 30: Rage

I was completely ready to pound on him, I couldn't think straight anymore and all I wanted right now, was revenge.

Revenge for everything he had done.

I ran at him, our swords meeting when I was close enough to him. I used his focus on the swords as an advantage and swept him off his feet in a quick move.

He lies on the ground, looking up at me with wide eyes while I pressed my swords against his neck.

"Sam, it's time to go." I heard Ranboo call out from behind me, immediately snapping me out of whatever trance I was in.

"Sure, one last thing." I say and pull my swords away from Dream, who looked up at me with relief.

It didn't take long for me to wipe that emotion off his face quite violently. I got three good punches in, one for my friends, one for myself and the last one because I felt like it.

I shook my hand after I did so, not feeling it too much, but that was probably because of the adrenaline rushing through my blood.

I looked down at the man I once thought I kind of liked.

Let's just say I'm glad I was wrong.

He was lying on the grounds groaning in pain and it made satisfaction settle at the bottom of my stomach.

I just whooped his ass.

I turned around and saw Ranboo look at me with wide eyes, his jaw dropped to the floor. He pointed at Dream and then towards me in confusing, seeming to not be able to form any sentences, but his confusion said enough.

"That was badass." He mumbled and I smiled proudly at that.

"Thank you." I say with a nod. "So, where are we going?"

"You are going back with Techno and Phil. I'm going to stay here and help the others." Ranboo tells me.

"Sam, thank god you're here." Techno says and immediately hugs me. "I've missed your presence. Never leave me alone again, okay?"

"I won't." I promise with a smile.

"So, we need to go, Phil is waiting for us already." He told me and I nodded, looking over at Ranboo who had a sad expression on his face while he stared into the huge pit that was once his home.

"Ranboo?" I call and his head snaps up, eyes meeting mine instantly. "You'll be fine, remember what I told you?"

"I do remember, yes." He says, a smile prominent on his face because he actually remembered.

"It was a promise, Ranboo." I tell him. "If you fall, I'll fall with you."

"If you fall, I'll fall with you."

I gave him one last hug, pulling him as close as possible, just to remember him for as long as possible after I leave.

I wouldn't see him in awhile, because I needed to keep low profile and I was really going to miss him and his random thoughts.

He kissed my head and gave me one last tight hug before he let go.

"I need you to take care of yourself." I tell him and he nods.

"I will, don't worry about that." He says, smiling at me. "You make sure you do the same."

"I will too, Ranboo. I'll see you again soon."

"I'll see you again, Sammie."