Chapter 14: The Revolution

Lilian Harper (Nightmare)

I was just talking with Schlatt when I heard someone fighting outside.

"It's happening." Schlatt says with an easy look. "My time has come."

"Jesus Christ, a little bit of optimism." I say as I stand up.

"There's no optimism in dying." Schlatt scoffs. "Just please, get us to the truck."

I decide not to go against him and just bring him to the truck where Dream would bring everyone to let Schlatt have his last words.

"I'm going now." I tell Schlatt as I sit him down. "Thank you, for everything. I'm going to miss your grumpy ass, but just a little bit."

"Oh, I know you will. And don't you dare touch my liquor cause I will come to haunt you." He says jokingly, but quickly turns serious after that. "Thank you too, Sam." He says and I swallow.

I had told him my name, but he never used it till now. This was something serious and I just wish I didn't get involved.

"Take it easy, old man." I tell him.

"You too, Nightmare, go and steal the show. I know you'll do what's right." He tells me and kisses my hand.

"You're crazy, you know that right?" I ask him as I laugh.

"Am I supposed to say something cheesy like, I'm only crazy for you, because you know our marriage was fake right?" Schlatt asks with a smirk.

"Asshole." I mumble.

"Amen to that." He jokes. "Now go and get your stuff. I'll keep them busy."

I left the truck and looked back one more time. Schlatt smiled, he knew what he had coming. I on the other hand, had no idea how this would end.

The plan that I had to follow was simple: Become Nightmare again, safe Quackity and after that leave everything behind.

If only it were that easy, because when I went back to the house, I ran into Wilbur.

"Lilian? What are you doing outside?" He asked me with shaking hands.

"Are you okay?" I ask him as I look at him being all shaken up.

"Totally fine, you should go to Niki's house, I heard she's looking for you." He tells me.

"There's a fight going on Wilbur, I'm not stupid. I'm looking for Schlatt." I lie, knowing that if Wilbur wouldn't be on the field, Schlatt had died.

Wilbur swallowed nervously. "You should really go to Niki." He tells me and after that just leaves.

He's definitely up to something...

But what?

I decided to just grab my clothes and after that run. I'll probably be able to find Quackity better afterwards.

If only he'd be able to survive on his own out there...