Chapter 17: A New Start

"Jesus Christ, you guys look like shît." I mumble as I see Tommy and Tubbo. I stood next to them and when they noticed me they immediately hugged me. "Didn't know you were a hugger."

"Who?" Tubbo asks.

"Tommy obviously. I know you like your hugs." I say as I ruffle their hair. "I missed you guys. Are you two alright?"

"Yeah, yeah, we're fine." Tommy stuttered.

"Where's Wilbur?" I ask them while looking around.

"Phil, he took Wilburs life. He couldn't live in the world anymore." Tommy stuttered again as he wiped away some dirt and tears off his face.

"Jesus Christ." I say as I pull both of the boys closer. "You need to find a safe place to stay for a while. Are you going back to Pogtopia?"

"We're looking for a place a little bit closer, because we want to rebuild L'Manberg." Tommy explains. "I have a question for you, well actually, two questions."

"Go on, I'll answer them." I tell him.

"Why'd you leave us?" He asks me.

"To protect you." I whisper. "I made a promise tot Schlatt that if I gave being Nightmare up, he wouldn't hurt you guys, but I guess I couldn't protect you as much as I would've liked."

Tommy nods, happy with that answer, but he still needed to ask his second question, which I had an idea of what it would be.

"Are you, are you with Dream?" Tommy stutters, almost afraid of my answer.

"Specify please?" I ask him.

"Are you on his side?" Tommy specifies.

"To be honest, I don't know whose side I'm on. I will always do everything in my heart to protect you guys, but I can't deny that there's something going on between Dream and I." I explain to them. "I'm also telling you this because I want to be transparent. I know what you're up to and you know what I'm up to."

"Thank you, now if you could, if you could please give us a moment." Tommy stutters as he looked around at his precious land all destroyed.

"I'll leave you two for a couple days. You need to sort your things out and I need to sort out mine. We'll pull through." I tell him and he nods. "You're a good kid, Tommy."

"And you're a good woman, Nightmare." Tommy says with a smile.

"You both got this." I tell them and leave them alone.

-
Dream

"So, you and Nightmare?" George asks and I smile.

"What about her?" I ask him and he just shakes his head while smiling.

"What about her? Besides from her being a total badass, she seems to have a soft spot for you and you for her." George says.

"We just clicked. At first I was trying to help her, but she's definitely something now." I say with a smile.

"Am I now?"

George screamed when she spoke up and I just started laughing.

"Why would you sneak up on us like that?!" George asks with a hand on his chest.

"Because I can." She says with a proud smile.

She definitely can...