Chapter 8: First Lady

"Tommy? What are you doing- Nightmare?!" A tall guy with a deep voice says and immediately a bit shorter guy turns around too.

"Hello Eret and Hbomb. This is Nightmare, I came here to introduce her to our allies." Tommy says proudly.

"I thought she was gone." Eret, the taller guy, says with some kind of loving look at me.

"She's with us, but don't tell anyone!" Tommy quickly says.

"Nice to meet you, Nightmare. You're always welcome in the castle." Eret says with a handsome smile. I nod back at him in a way to thank him and he seems to understand.

Tommy starts a conversation with Eret and I hear someone whispering my name. I turn around and see the guy that was next to Schlatt behind a tree.

He gestures for me to come over, so I slowly sneak away from the rest without them noticing.

"Take this." He whispers to me and gives me a paper. "Think about it and don't let anyone know about it." He adds and pushes me back towards the rest.

I nod at him a bit confused, but quickly return to the little group.

"You're castle is lovely, Eret, but I have some unfinished business, so I'll be leaving. Make sure to behave, Tommy." I tell them and they all say goodbye.

I quickly run into the woods to read the note that I got.

Meet us in the woods behind Manberg. We have a deal for you.
Mr President & Vice President

A note from the President, fancy.

I decide it would be best to not turn this down, how dangerous it might be. I didn't know what deal they had to offer, so it was mostly the curiosity in me that made me go there.

-

"Nightmare! You actually came." Schlatt says as he sees me step from behind a tree.

"I did." I tell him and he smiles.

"Quackity here, my Vice President, reached out to you with a reason." Schlatt says and I nod. "I want you to join us. After that little fiasco at the festival I need someone more, reliable and stronger, someone better than Technoblade."

"Why would I join you? You tried to kill Tubbo." I say and Schlatt just smiles.

"Actually, that was your friend Technoblade, I never did anything to hurt Tubbo." Schlatt says. "I promise that if you join us, I will keep your friends safe."

"How much is your promise worth?" I ask him as I pull out my sword to threaten him a bit.

"My life. I won't hurt your friends. If I do, you can take me out." He says and I nod. "On one condition..."

"Which is?" I ask him.

"You have to be my First Lady." He says. "You take on the fake identity of Lilian Harper and become a completely different person."

"And how would that work?" I ask him.

"Very simple actually. I need you to dress completely different. We get rid of the leather and black and replace them with dresses in bright colors." Schlatt explains.

"So Nightmare completely disappears and Lilian takes over?" I ask him and he smiles.

"I'd knew you'd get it. But Nightmare doesn't stay away for forever, she comes back when I need her." He explains. "But to everyone else she disappears."

"I'll do it, but you promised to not hurt my friends right?" I ask him.

"I promise with my life."