Ch#34 What do I have to stay for?

"Why would I? What do I have to stay for? I don't owe it to you. And you said I get to choose. Why would you even ask me to stay?" I shot confused.
It wasn't easy for me to make this decision, but I did. And now he's getting me all bothered and confused. He's messing things up, messing them up too much for me.
"Does there have to be a reason? I'm asking you to stay, not telling you. It's still your decision." He muttered, running his hands through his hair.
"But why?" I mumbled.
"You what, Go. Go wherever you want to. Go to Canada for all I care. Just don't forget that it would mean everyone and everything you know will be gone for ever." He said angrily with a huff.

"Get out! Have Gio take you back. You're not needed anymore." He ordered, still standing in front of me.
"Bututtt." I tried to speak, what's going on here?! I'm confused.
"GET OUT!" He yelled, when I didn't leave. I sunked further in the chair, fight or flight right?
"mi fai diventare fottutamente pazzo." He whispered, close enough for me to feel his warm breath.
"What?" I whispered back.
"You drive me fking crazy." He whisper yelled.

"I drive you crazy? Me? I drive you crazy!? You've been at it ever since you kidnapped me from my cafe! Is that because you can't control me. I'm not afraid of you" I hissed out.
"Leave, leave before I do something you'll regret." He whispered, unmoving from where he stood, caging me in the chair I was in.
"Like what?" I whispered. I'm not sure why we were whispering just that it felt fitting, it sounded like it's a secret.
In a quick motion he pulled out a knife and held it under my chin. My breath hitched in my throat.
"I'll let you decide which is worse; Kiss you or kill you." He said huskily, still not letting me go, the knife in his hand still under cool under my chin.

My heart and head were too unstable at the moment to speak, I was saved my a knock on the door.
The ugly guy stepped back, sliding the knife back in his pocket, and casually leaned against the table as if it has never threatened to kill me. Not for the first time ever even. He's been threatening me ever since he brought me here.
"Enter." He called out.
"Boss, there's been an attack on the warehouse." Gio entered the office in a bit of a frenzy.
"What? Which one?" The ugly guy stood straight.
"The main one boss." Gio said, his head down.
"How many?" He asked angrily.
"I ASKED, HOW MANY?" He yelled throwing the lamp that shone his desk  against the wall.
"9, Boss." Gio replied sullenly.
"Do you know what that means?" He asked Gio.
"Yes, Sir." He replied. The ugly guy looked at him expectantly waiting for him to elaborate.
"9 brothers gone, Boss, 9 families broken, kids orphaned." Gio elaborate, sounding ashamed. 
"Have Nico make sure that they're taken care off. Get Dom from school and take him and her to the safe house. Where's Gus?" He directed.
"He's assessing the warehouse as we speak, Boss." Gio replied.
"Get on it." The ugly guy ordered and walked out of the office.

"Come on, we'll pick Dom up on the way." Gio said as he guestered me to follow.
It doens't take a genius to guess what happened back there. His warehouse was attacked, 9 of his men died and he's worried or maybe angry or both about this attack being a danger to everyone under his hold.
"What's the safe house?" I asked Gio once safely seated in the car.
"It's a remote place with lots of security. It's where the
la famiglia di don are stashed when the mafia is under attack." Gio explained. (Don's Family)
"What's la fama didon!?" I asked confused.
He let out a chuckle,
"It's you and Dom." He replied which I'm guessing was his example of an explanation.

"And this attack, it killed 9 people. It's pretty bad?" I asked meekly, I know 9 people are a lot but I dunno, you'd guess more considering it's mafia and all that.
"It is pretty bad. We're never the one's to lose people." He said with determination. I just nodded at the answer.
Which means they're the one's who kill, doesn't it?

We were finally at Dom's school, Gio asked me politely to stay put, (who am I to say no?) And went to get him.
He retured a few seconds later, a little too angry and without Dom with him.
He pulled the door open with force, and shutt it just as loudly.
"What's wrong? Where's dom?" I asked a little scared.
"Taken." Was all he said as a reply.
He handed me a phone, and ordered
"Call your father, ask him to come to the hanger."
While he talked to someone hurriedly in a language which I obviously didn't understand.

I quickly called him getting no response in return, while Gio started the car again.
"He's not picking up." I replied, I didn't know what was going ok, but my heart was sinking, it was unsafe, everyone I know was unsafe.
He called someone ordering him to get to my father's bakery to check things out.
Things were definitely not okay.

Author's Note!
Heya everyone! It's short but it's here!
Don't forget you love me, sooo, yeah bear with me!
Thoughts!?
Vote, comment and share!

~M

The Mafia's NerdOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara