Ch#33 Yes, I've made my choice.

"Sorry." I replied, a little speechless. He's mention his mother earlier indicated she's not alive anymore and now his father. I'm guessing it hasn't been long since he's lost him. Because I've known Dom for nearly 2 years and this hasn't popped up before.
"Why? Did you kill my father?" He sneered stepped a little too close for comfort.
"What!? No! Of course not." I stuttered.
"Well then, this conversation ends here." He said as he walked away.

Why is it that he doens't ever want to talk. It's like talking to a brick wall. 
Sometimes I feel like just taking a hammer and breaking that wall and others just pouring some ice water and running away, well because I'm never sure if he's going to pull out a gun or not.

I shook my head and went to look for Dom to get things ready to cut the cake. You only turn 7 once afterall!
"Ready to cut the cake?" I asked Dom.
"Yess!" He jumped up excitedly.
The rest of the evening went smoothly and with a lot of fun. The ugly guy left the party soon after the cake. I'm glad he stayed for it at least, Dom really enjoyed that.
"I had to so much fun. And you know 
fratello (brother) said that I can call my friends over again next week!" Dom was full with energy on the way to his room. Which may or may not have been sugar rush.
"That's amazing!" I replied as I helped him get tucked in bed.
It's one of the little things we've always taken for granted, being able to see your friends or just having someone you love there when you cut the cake that means so much.

Morning couldn't have came any sooner. I woke up with a heavy heart and a heavy head. I know I have to give the answers today. I get to decide my present and my future. That's a big decision on my little shoulders. And I'll have no one to blame but myself for that decision.
I was pulled away from my indecisive thoughts when the door to my room was knocked at and opened.
"Boss needs you at work today. Dress proper and be downstairs in 15 minutes." The angry guy ordered me and walked out of the room.
"Good morning to you too!" I yelled back as he shut the door. The least he could have done was wish me morning.

I huffed and finally dragged myself off bed. Guess I'm going to get some work done today then!
I quickly got dressed and made my way down. I'm so not in the mood of the ugly guy being extra today. I already have a lot on my mind, don't need him to add more. And I know he's going to be expecting an answer. Maybe that's why he wants me to tag around with him today.
"I'm here, I'm here." I panted at the edge of the stairs.
"Good you're on time. Get in the car." The ugly guy ordered as he walked off. What is it with these guys giving an order and walking off? Hello!?! Common curtesy anyone!!

For once, I did what I was told and followed after him. The car ride was silent, he was on his phone the whole time and I looked out the window. Which again gave me time to think about the future. If staying here means I get to be close to my family and live a decent life it's worth it right? So is leaving without anything to look back at.
"I expect you to be at your best behaviour today." He said as we were about the exit the car.
"When am I ever. Not." I replied as I followed him. Sorry man, I'm cranky today, got lots on my mind.
"Roll in the attitude, we're meeting one of my business partners today. And we have to keep up the good impression. And remember, you get t9 make your decision tonight. Don't make me change my mind." He ordered as he walked ahead. As usual.
I refrained from yelling at him to get the stick out of his butt.
Seeeeee, I'm behaving already! I'm going to rock this!

We walked across the hallway and entered the Conference room, the room was already half full with bustling people.
"Are we still waiting on someone?" The ugly guy asked as he took his place at the first end of the table.
"Yes sir. Sorry about that. Mr. Denvor is just on his way up." The scared guy answered the question no one was willing to answer.
"Let's get started anyways. Let Ryan take his sweet time." The ugly guy ordered, and the guy infront of the screen started talking about a hotel they have planned to build.
"Sorry, I'm late!" A voice spoke, as the door opened. Whom I soon recognized as the Ryan that tried to ask me out when I just joined.
The ugly guy just pointed him towards a seat.
The meeting soon ended with little to no hitch after that.
The ugly guy started ordering the guy who made the presentation around.

"Oh hey! Alexis! I have yet to take you out for a lunch or dinner, or both." Ryan came to greet me.
"Hi, I'd love to. But I'm sorry, I can't." I replied with a soft smile, remembering their last exchange and his warning this morning.
"Ryan. Are you trying to ask my assistant out again?" The ugly guy's voice boomed as a hand slipped around my wasit.
"I did try but she just turned me down. So your assistant is safe until she changes her mind." Ryan replied with a grin.
For the rest of the day I was given small tasks which required me to run around the office, mainly so that I don't bother The ugly guy and Ryan before I got to enjoy a cup of hot chocolate which was obviously interupted when the ugly guy decided that he wanted to see me.

I knocked on his door before he asked me to come in.
"Sit." He ordered.
"Did you do everything assigned to you today?" He asked.
"Yes." I replied truthfully, well all except one. I wasn't able to find the staple opener so it may or may not have a hole in it.
"Good. Now, have you made your Choice? "He asked leaning on the desk.
The question caused my heart to race, I've expected this all day but it still has the ability to turn my life around. 
"Yes, I've made my choice." I replied.
"Well, out with it." He said as he stood up from his chair and stood infront of me.
"I want to leave. I want to go to University of  Toronto for a BA-Sociology and Criminology." I croaked out.
"Stay." One word, that's all he said.
"What?" I stammered out.
"What if I asked you to stay." He said, invading my personal space.

Author's Note!
Heya everyone! Sorry not sorry for the cliffhanger.
Before you say anything, remember you guys love me! *winks*
P.s starting a new story Soon "A Solider fallen." Don't forget to check that out!

Thoughts!?

Vote, comment and Share!

~M