Ch#30 Ready to do your job?

And here was I getting ready for the stupid last minute engagement party. Don't get too excited! It's not mine! But my brother's aka little Angelo if I can even call him that. The theme for today was fire and ice! (Yes, I took that reference from Revenge) I know, i know! I have a big choice to make but I have 48 hours to go and tell him my final decision. I still have a feeling that there's still something thats a little fishy which I don't know what but I'm going to make the best of these 48 hours and find out.

I'm still itching to come out to my birth family and watch the world burn, let nature take it course or whatever. It won't be my fault would it?  I didn't kidnap myself and then magically fall into the lap of a rival mafia. A foreign University without any bounds sounds amazing right now. I'd be free, I can study and do what I want. I'll know my birth family is safe, maybe I'll meet someone and have a family of my own and be happy.
I was snapped out of my plans when the door knocked.
One of the ugly guy's goonies came to "inform me" that the boss requested my presence in his room.
My ears peaked up at the idea of his room. Now that I think about it, I've never ever ever been to his room. His home and work office sure but HIS bedroom is a different story! A bedroom is supposed to be personal.

(Alexis below (man it was sooooo difficult to decide between red and white! Enough innocence for now 😉))

I strapped my heels on, grabbed my clutch courtesy of "the ugly guy" and followed the goonie to his room.
He knocked the door to his room before he stepped away gesturing me to go right in. And me being the obedient person I am, I stepped right in.
His room was ..... dark as I had imagined, not no lights dark, dark as in dull, there was a huge black bed which dark grey bed sheets which was big enough to fit in 6 people instead of one. A a dresser in the corner. A huge mirror on the ceiling just above the bed. The whole room was in a simple word gloomy and mysterious.

"Hello?" I called out as I stepped further in the room.
I heard some rustling before a door opened and a wet haired, completely dressed (sorry, not sorry) ugly guy or should I now call him Leo stepped out dampening his hair with a towel.
He dropped the towel to the floor and prowled towards me, he snaked his arms around my waste and pulled me towards him, skimming his hands along my sides.
"buon dio, magnifica bellezza, this dress looks better than I imagined." He whispered huskily breathing near my ear. (Good God, magnificent beauty)

And me? I did the most logical thing anyone would do at the moment I tried "key" word being tried to push him away. In my defence, this position was highly uncomfortable and making me hot all over which is not something I liked very much, or maybe I liked too much, with me, who knows!
"Trying to away from me already, little bunny?" He hissed pulling me closer, tightening his hold. 

I struggled in his grip and grumbled,
"why did you call me here? Can't we just go and get done with the torture already?"

"Ahan, what part of going out would be torture? Would it be meeting your family or would it be glued to my body just like this for the rest of the night?" He murmured brushing my hair from my neck, his warm breath caressing the sensitive skin.
"Being glued to an oof like you of course." I stammered out.
He stepped back, giving me some space to breathe. He pulled out a box from his pockets and snapped it open, the content inside made me giggle out loud, I couldn't help it. It was so cute!
In the box were two cute necklaces, or should I say toastlaces, with tiny toast with peanut butter and jelly and spoons. You have to see it to believe it.

(Didn't explain it well enough)

"I love it!" I shrieked, taking the necklace in my hands

"Did you actually get these for me?" I asked.
And he just shrugged in answer. His demeanor now changed to a little bashful.
"Enough chit-chat, let's get going." He said as he grabbed his white jacket and motioned me towards the door.

And I followed his orders all giddy from these necklaces

And I followed his orders all giddy from these necklaces. Cute things are my vice, it's an addition that is always ready to bw fueled.
Despite everything that was going on the smile didn't leave my face till we stopped infront of the hotel. The lobby was littered with reporter's and cameramen, flashing left and right.
"Ready to do your job?" The ugly guy asked.
"Wait...... job?! What job!? Do you want me to act like a secretary out there? And what would a secretary act like at a party!?" I  groaned.
"Oh didn't I tell you? You're supposed to find to find out why the hasty engagement took place. Because last I heard, your brother was already engaged." He mentions casually as if he's telling me grass is green.

"Maybe they're just having a party today!? Maybe he proposed in secret and decided to hold a party today." I shot back my reply.
"Tssk tssk, if only it was that easy piccolo coniglio (little bunny). The girl that he was engaged to has been missing." He said, he stepped out of the car and came around to my side soon after to pull me out.
I took me a few seconds to collect myself , I placed my hand in his and let him pull me along. What does it mean his finance is missing? What does it mean that he's getting engaged to someone? And why does the ugly guy care?!

I ignored the paparazzi shooting questions towards me, mostly because I was too busy  to make sure that I don't fall down in these heels and having an internal battle with myself.
I was pulled in the present and now when I tripped over one of the carpets, but was saved by my one and only! My Villain! His hand steady on my waist.
"Can't help but fall for me, can you." He whispered in my ear, his grin wide. We're probably looking like a couple in love, and they probably think he's whispering sweet nothings in my ear. Where in reality I feel like crushing his hands that are currently on my waist.

AUTHORS note!
Salam everyone!! Got it out before the week ended! That has to be a record for me. Yay! Eid almost here, Eid Mubarak to everyone who's celebrating tomorrow!
Stay tuned for more updates, I have too many plans and not enough words for them.

Vote, comment and Share!
Do check out Opposites do-not Attract! 

~M