Ch# 22 Boss needs his eye candy

Gio was waiting for me at the end of the stairs,
"The car is outside, boss will be there in a minute."
I completely ignored him and went outside,
"Alexis?" He called out, and I stopped walking.
"Are you okay?" He asked.
"Do you even care?" I said turning around.
"I know nothing ever makes sense to you, but whatever is happening is happening for a reason." He said cryptically and before I could ask what he meant the ugly guy came and with a nod of head Gio followed him.

"We're not going to wait for you the whole day!" He called out near the car.
I speed walked in my heels to the car, I still never know when to expect what from him.
I've always secretly loved parties for some reason. I never knew why, but I did. Though most of the parties I went to had cake and balloons. Not Mafia's and guns. Most importantly I really wanted to go to this one. I used to think it was the dressing up part but it's not. I'd vote food but that's also just not the case here. This was my desperate attempt to find out something about myself. Dad said it was someone from the Mafia and the ugly guy is usually around mafia men, that gives me a good chance to gather information. God, I sound like such a grown up. I don't like it one bit. Please let me be a little child that's running after candy.

"Your little boyfriend will be there tonight. Apologise to him for the stunt you pulled at his house. He's still a fellow business man." The ugly guy ordered when we were nearing the place in question.
"He's not my boyfriend!! And YOU should be the one apologizing, I wasn't the one who held him by his  collar." I replied turing away.
"Do you think that you're invincible?" He asked in all seriousness.
"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked.
"Just that, do you think that I won't hurt you? You're still alive for a reason,  You know, there are worst things than death. Be careful, you don't want to find out what they are." He said as the car came to a stop. And the door was opened.

It was once again a tall building with camera men and people around left and right. The ugly guy had his arm at the small of my back probably because he was worried I'll try to run again, happened at a party the last time, can definitely happen again. Maybe, I'm still thinking.

Surprisingly the first person that came to great us was the one and only, you guessed it right! Little Angelo!
"I'm so glad you could make it." He said to the ugly guy and turned to me.
"It's great to have you back! How are you? I heard about the incident." He said as he moved closer and kissed the back of my hand.
And I'm pretty sure the ugly guy is planning murder.
"I'm alright, Thank you! And I'm so sorry about that day at your house and how Raphael treated you. I promise you it wont happen again, I'll keep him in check. You know its like he gets a fuse lit and then there's no stopping him." I replied with a grin. He's just one of those people that you get happy around and no, It doens't have anything to do with how he looks because he looks pretty good.
As the same time the grip around me got tighter. Yep, he's definitely planning murder, perhaps mine this time.

Little Angelo laughed it off,
"Oh it's fine as long as you're okay. Can I indulge you in a drink?" He asked being a good host. Though it didn't look like an event where the host needs to be worried about drinks. And that was proved as a woman with a tray in hand came to us. I declined, I don't want to be under the influence not to mention for the first time. And the first time I found something about my birth family, because this is a real family, they might not the one that gave birth to me but my parents never let me feel as if I didn't belong and I'm greatful for that. 

"Well, enjoy yourself, look around, I'll see you in a bit." He bid us as he left us to ourselves.
I felt a warm breath against the nape of my neck before the words were spoken.
"You really like pushing my buttons and testing my patience, don't you little girl."
I turned around, give him a huge grin and replied.
"It's the least I could do for all that you've done for me." As I grabbed the angry guys arm and made my way to the other end of the room as far away from the boiling ugly guy as possible. I may not have a filter but I'm not stupid. I got a non alcoholic cocktail from the bar as they angry guy still stuck around me and the ugly guy sending his glares my way every once in a while.
Now, the pressure I felt in my bladder could be the 4 drinks I've drunk or it could have been pure coincidences. I mean everyone needs to pee, don't they?

I looked around for the ladies room,
"You looking for a place to escape?" The angry guy asked.
"Ugh you wish, I'm looking for the ladies room, I need  to pee." I replied.
"You should go for the mens room, a lady won't ever give so many details." He said with a chuckle.
"Shush!" I replied like a child.
"The ladies room is the third hallway on the right. I expect to have you back here in 5 minutes or I'll come knock down every door in there. Got it?" He said/ordered/warned.
"Yeah yeah yeah, don't test my patience, behave, yaad yada yada." I mumbled and left to get myself to the ladies room.

I did my business and was washing my hands when I heard sobbing sounds from one of the bathroom stalls.
Now, what kind of person would I be if I didn't check on the poor crying maiden?
Just because I'm rolling with the mafia nowadays and was born into the Mafia's family doens't mean I'll trun into one! Or will I?
"Hello?" I called out knocking the door.
"Are you okay in there?"
The sobbs turned into sniffs and replied.
"I'm okay."
"You're crying, you're clearly not okay. Is there something that I can do to help?" I asked.
"I was just reminded of someone, that's all." She replied and I heard some rustling and moved away from the door.
From there in emerged a Georges woman she must be in her late forties or early fifties that were shown by the wrinkles around her eyes. She was dressed in an emerald green dress that stopped just below her knee.
"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked once seeing the trail on tears down her face.
"I'm fine honey." She replied with a soft smile.
That's when the door was knocked.
"That's enough time, get out now before I break the door." The angry guy called out.
"I'm coming! Hold your horses!!" I called back.
"I should go, as much as I would like to frustrate him more I would rather let the girls have some privacy in the bathroom." I said to the woman.
She gave out a chuckle and asked, "Protective boyfriend?"
"Something like that!" I replied and rushed out hearing the door handle rustle.
"I'm here! I'm here! Geez! Let a girl pee!" I replied once in front of him.
"Hurry up, boss wants his arm candy." He replied dragging me away.

Author's Note!
Hey everyone! Sorry it's been a while! Will try to update more often! Sorry the chapter is shitty but i had to get something out to get on!
Vote, comment and share!

~M