Ch#23 She's the one.

Grudgingly I went back outside, this night was supposed to me finding out something about my parents. To stand around doing nothing and being followed by the angry guy. Ideas to how to get rid of him? And no, unfortunately murder isn't an option. I made my way towards where The ugly guy was standing with a few men.

"You called?" I asked standing in front of him, cutting off whatever he was about to say to the man behind me or should I say who was previously standing infront of him.
He breath out through his nose, collected his composure and got his usual stupid ugly grin back of his face before grabbing my arm and turning me around.
"This is Alexis, she's the one." He said to man.
The man lost his composure for a second, which I'm guessing was because I'm so gorgeous, who wouldn't?
"Oh wow. I expected something else." He said.
"My name is Mathews." He said as he brought his hand out for me to shake.
And we all know that know that he hates me shaking someone hands but he didn't say anything as I shook his hand back and kept looking at him from the corner of my eye to see his reaction. Ha! I knew it! He's loosing his mind.

That's when the man on the stage started speaking.
"I thank all of you from my heart for being here tonight. This event, this organisation, this platform couldn't have been made if it weren't for the amazing contributions from all of you. Lost child couldn't have been what it is without all you amazing people. I know, for some of you more than others have a deep connection towards the amazing work done by us. I know for one that the the person that I'm about to call on stage would be the last person who wants to collect an award but I know that their stories needs to be shared. He's the reason why lost child has grown so much. It's stories like his is what makes our blood run cold, it's stories like his that makes us want to reach the end of the world. Its stories like his that makes us cry. So, without further ado I'd like to call up on stage Mr. Johnathan Angelo."

"Thank you for your kind words Frank, but I did nothing and I don't deserve this award. As for lost child, yes. Lost child is a big part of my life just as it's a big part of everyone else's life. I lost my little girl nearly 16 years ago. Today is her 19th birthday. I never found my little girl but she will always be there in my heart and I will never stop looking for her. Lost child helps those children and parents that have separated, I hope no parent ever feels this pain and that anyone who's been hurt by this finds their way back. And that's probably as much as you'd like the old guys to speak on stage so let the dinner begin." Big Angelo said with a chuckle and walked back to the woman I found in the restroom.

Does that mean that Angelo might be my father? That little Angelo might be my brother. Johnathan Angelo is a mafia, the girl he lost must be around my age. Could it really be that simple. What should I do? Should I just go ask him? Should I tell the ugly guy, can he even help? Or will it give him another reason to hold something against me seeing how much he hates me.
My thoughts were interrupted when the ugly guy reminded me that the waiter was asking me what I'd like to eat.

"I'll take the chicken." I replied politely to waitress. Who placed it infront of me as the ugly guy asked for a mediun rare beef steak.
Our table held people I've never seen or met except Mathews who seemed very compassionate about the economy.
"So, what do you do sweetheart?" Asked the guy next to me.
"What I do is way above your pay grade." I replied with a tight lipped smile before the ugly guy could.
Mathews grinned and patted his back,
"Raymond my man, stay away. She's the one. And we all know what that means."
"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked.
"I'd tell you that Alexis, but it doesn't seem like my dear friend Rapheal here is going to like that evey much." Mathews explained laughing.
They bickered amongst themselves and even the ugly guy had a grin on his face the whole time, I told you he's losing his mind.

I still hadn't figure out a way to talk to Angelo or know even if I want to right now. If feels far fetched that it could be this easy. That he's been right in front of me and I didn't know. And before I knew it we were know we were on the way back.
"Are you ever going to tell me what did you mean when you said that I'm the one?" I asked the ugly guy as he kept fidgeting with his phone.
"And what makes you think that I'm going to tell you?" He replied.
"Uggh! I deserve to know if it involves me. This is my life. My life, it might not be in my control right now but I deserve to know what's going on." I snapped frustrated.
"Do you want to know why you're still alive?" He asked.
"Oh so now you're asking me a question which I'm pretty sure is a hypothetical one and to make fun of me." I replied.
"It's not. Do you?" He asked with a slight smirk.
"Fine. Yes, tell me." I asked.
"Because, you're the one." He said and I couldn't help myself.
I narrowed my eyes and jumped on him to punch him and he held my arms in his hands. I was practically on top of him with my legs across one of his thigh.
"No bambino, you don't want to do that." He said with a slight smirk.
"Let me go!" I struggled in his grip.
"Why would I? I kinda like this situation with you on top of me. Begging me." He said with a pervy smirk.
I kept struggling in this grip why did this stupid ugly mafia had to be so strong and built like a wall.
"You know, that day at the cafe when I took you wasn't the first time I saw you." He said and I stopped moving.
"What? How?! What do you mean!?!?" I asked.
"You don't remember me, I'm kinda hurt. You told me that I'm always welcomed. Doesn't sound like you mean it." He said.
"That's because I've never met you before!" I snapped. 
"Oh we've met. I assure you." He replied and that's when the car stopped and he let me go.
I jumped off his as if he burnt me and ran inside.

Author's note:
Hey everyone! Hope you're doing well! Sorry for the long long long wait. Let me know when what you think of the chapter!
Vote, Comment and Share!

~M