Shadow Stalker

<Cody>
"Whoa whoa whoa. You're saying that, that man is following us?" I panicky asked.

Nashi nodded her head and sighed.

"He could of been following is the entire time." Nashi's shrugged. "Let him follow us." She smirked and made a signal with her hand.
What does she plan on accomplishing with that man following us?

"Alright. I'm trusting you here." I said.

"Of course." She giggled.

Nashi made a turn into the next street. Filled with more locals and kids.

"Do you know who it is?" I questioned.

"Not sure." She answered. "Anyways, let's grab some food to eat. Let's put on a show." Nashi whispered.
••••••••
I didn't realize that Nashi was an actress at heart. Then I noticed that she's so skilled with it...is because she's used to acting in front of people. Nice job Cody for overthinking.

Nashi took a sip of her drink, "you're dad always cracks me up!" She gestured her hands.
I could sense that mans presence. Just a few seats away from us.

"He's a virtuous man indeed." I chuckled along, "always has jokes to spare." I played along.

"What about that sister of yours? Did she manage to find the place?"

I wonder where she was getting material from?

"No, it's quite hilarious when you think about it. The poor girl went into a bathhouse instead."
"Hahahahha." Nashi stormed the spoil light with her acting.

It wasn't long after we had left. That and I think we were kind of disturbing the other costumers.

Nashi perked up unexpectedly and tugged on my sleeves.

"Wait- I have to go see the dragons-" Nashi stopped her words and looked up at me. "Cody, I need a huge favor. I need to go somewhere real quick, can you carry this card? Please?!"

She begged handing me our hotel check-in card.
"Sure?"

She cautiously glanced around again.

"We seemed to lost him. For possibly just gave up on us. But I need you to head over first while I run some errands."

I hesitated and the peered around. I couldn't sense that mans aura anymore. I guess it's fine to drop the act for now.

"Alright. But you better hurry." I agreed a sigh.
Nashi waged her tail.

"Thanks. I'll be back."

She randomly wrapped her arms around me.

"N-Nashi?!" I didn't know how to respond.
Then she came close to my face and whispered in my ears.

"Don't die on me."

Nashi retreated back with her hands behind her. Such a despondent expression. Waiting for a reply. I nodded my head and gave her a thumbs up.

"I won't." I promised.

Once she had zoomed away. It wasn't long before I came upon the hotel. It had its good qualities, yes. But it could do better. As I began critiquing the colors on the wall and the lack of marble counters. Just saying.

I ended up using chain magic to connect with Nashi. Through telepathy, I talked as I went. When I first tapped into her mind, I could hear the confusion and scare.

"Room 208, second floor." I transmitted.

Nashi received the message and responded back.
"I'll be there in 10min."
••••••••
<Nashi>
"Metalicanna, Igngeel, Grandeeney! You still here?" I hollered and scanned the place for them.

The ground trembled and I lost control of my balance. I ended up falling on my rear end.

"Ahh, the little brat finally showed up." Metalicana's appeared from thin air and his beastly face was so close to my small human body. With one bite, he could swallow me whole.

"She was on a journey to find herself. Hush yourself." Grandeeney came in.

"Are you satisfied with what you found?" Igneel asked, "wouldn't it have been better left undiscovered?"

I shook my head.

"That's not the point..." I disagreed, "it's more I wish I've known sooner. All these years of false love. All these years that I've been blind to."

"The brat is confused, is she?" Igneel leaned his head towards to the ground a smirked.

"Quit it!" I frowned. "It's not a laughing matter when you figured out your father killed your mother." I crossed my arms and pouted.

All three dragons looked rather displeased.

"Nashi, the world is cruel and you must except fate. However, it is impossible for Nastu to murderer his own lover." Igneel spoke.

"Indeed my young one. For a bond so strong to chatter." Grandeeney agreed.

"But I saw him. With Cody's magic, I saw him slipping poison into her drink." I confessed.

Igneel came rather close and sniffed me with his beastly nose. He rose from the ground and looked at the others.

"There's an unfamiliar scent on you. Did you happen to see your father?" Igneel asked.

"No." I replied.

"Have you've met anyone on the way here?" Metalicana started interrogating me.

"Well, there was this man following us." I said, "it was earlier in the day."

"A man." Metalicana questioned.

"Could he be back already?" Grandeeney spoke out of context and I didn't understand who she was referring to.

"Who are you talking about?" I intervened.

"Nashi, you better go back to your friend. He's in danger, due to your dizziness of letting him follow you. He may end up like your mother." Igneel spoke.

"Wait. What?!" My eyes widen from those sudden words. "Damn you guys!" I ran back as fast as she could. "Y-you guys knew all a long didn't you!" I roared as I went.

<Igneel>
"It's seems that you provoked the brat." Metalicana laughed.

"Just like Gajeel, always with his cold eyes of his. Grandeeney sighed.
••••••••
<Cody>
I hear him. Walking closer and closer but maybe it's Nashi. The door slammed open. I heard glass shattering, the loud thud approached.

Soon, the closet door vigorously opened. Breaking it out of its hinges.
A masked man, grabbed his collar and pulled him out.

"W-who are you?!" I questioned as I was pinned to the ground and the man above me held a blade along the flesh of my neck.

Inching closer and closer.
The blood started to ooze as I felt it trickle down my neck.