Say My Goodbyes

<Nashi>
There was no progress on either side. Zeref would attack us and we would counter over and over again. It's like he was made of invincible armor. It was already tiresome enough to deal with that but, it all changed when he took things to the next level.

"Natsu, my dear little brother." Zeref began, "Why don't we all perish together. Once and for all?"

He placed his hand on his chest and looked at me with these remorseful eyes. Then a smile appeared. What's wrong with his head?!

"No." I declined, "I'm not dying here. Were not dying here with you. We're going to defeat you and end this war!" I shouted.

Zeref smirked and let out a slight laughter.
"Then why aren't you? Didn't I give you my power? I did it for a reason. Don't let it go to waste." He pointed at me.

"The hell is he talking about, Nashi?!" Dad hollered.

I turned back to Zeref. My hands had begun to tremble a bit. Why am I hesitating?

"What are you rambling on about?" I questioned. "You make no sense."

Zeref raised his left hand and his body glowed. His whole entire form changed. He looked too godlike.

"If you are unaware about it...you don't have the potential to kill me. I guess rotting together in hell is the only option."

Zeref closed his eyes and motioned his hand in a sphere like rotation. He whispers a spell that came out so mollified. Then a huge black ball of death swallowed us.
••••••••
<Cody>
A cold deadly breeze woke me up, as I noticed my magic had depleted. I was in no condition to fight. I looked around to see Leo beside me, a mortified and shocked expression he wore. I sat up straight to see what had happened....the land had explained it all. Nothing but land that is recumbent, the trees and plants shriveled up and animals laid cold on the sod.

"This is Zeref's dark magic, at its truest form." Leo stuttered at the huge orb that hovered above us.

"Nashi... Natsu...they're in there, I can feel it." He spoke.

"W-what?! Then we have to go-"

"You'll be corrupted." Leo interrupted. "It's only swallowed both of them up, everyone else was spared. Zeref intends to take his family down with him." Leo patted my back. "That means if others were to enter, they would not come out alive."

"But you're a celestial spirit. Couldn't you-"
Leo shook his head.

"I know what you're thinking kid, it's not that simple. Nashi already made sure that all her gates are closed. As for me, I have a restraint that won't allow me to be at her side. This is her wish, I can't disobey her." He explained.

"But then...it's no use..." I slammed my fist into the sod. "How are we supposed to-"

"I'll go." I said with confidence.

Both me and Leo turned around to see Nace, his hair this time was blond. He had a bag slung over his shoulder and a scar this was on his arm. The spitting image of his dad but carrying a burden like no other.

"N-Nace..?" Leo was surprised of his presence, "what are you doing here?"

"What kind of question is that?" Nace coughed. "Do I not have the right to be here?"

"That's not the point." I backed him up.

"I know...anyway I'm going in. Cody I need your help. You magic of course." He insisted.

"What's your plan?" I stood up. My magic that was struggling to accumulate.

"We're going to save them." Nace pointed at the black orb.
••••••••
<Nashi>
I couldn't move, It was like I was floating somehow. All around me was pitch black. In that moment, I wondered if I was actually scared of the dark. I managed to see sparks of colors radiating off me. My powers were draining away, as I stayed stagnant.

I spotted my dad. I tried to call out but, I couldn't. Every time opened my mouth, my magic slipped away quicker. Suddenly these memories of mine appeared. Like motion pictures of a lost film. Was I hallucinating? I saw dad and mom, together. Both of them were happy...happy and free from sorrow.

"Mom..."

Tears trickled down my face. I had watched my dad's life and his dream, all crush away before me. So quick and easy. This was Zeref's magic, so cruel and tainting. Like I was forced to watch.

These memories weren't mine. They must be dad's. It appeared to look like mom in her younger age. She was showing off her pink insignia to dad. Things became blurry and there was dad, proposing to mom. She was a crybaby wasn't she? She smiled and she was crying. Lastly, the last episode was of mom in her death bed and dad was the one crying this time. She stayed strong for him...even though she was in pain.

"It's your fault...it's your fault..."

Voices echoed in the distance, reminiscing all together. This is my conscious. My own enemy that I've been battling all my life.
Shut up... It's not true.

"It's all because of you."

It began again. These voices invaded and engrossed my head, it took over. I let it win...how could I ignore it.

"If you weren't born, she wouldn't have died."

"It's not true." I shouted.

"Your father hates you."

"Stop!" My magic hollowed me out soon enough. I'm tired.

These words constantly purged through, like a virus and is now multiplying and will soon take over my entire existence.
I didn't want to believe it either, but just like when I had thought about it when I was little. You cannot bring back the dead, so in that case you join them.

"It's my fault." I repeated.

If I had told myself that it wasn't, more likely that it was my fault. I don't know why but, the absence of heat chilled my bones. I want someone to hold me right now and tell me, that's it's going to be okay...
•••••••
<Nace>
These chains that buckled around my ankles  tied me to Cody, as I submerged myself into Zeref's death ball. More like I was swimming in his magic, my magic seemed to be slipping slowly away from me. That means I'm limited on time.

I saw this red floating box that had a warm aura reminiscing from it. I began Swimming over, only to touched it.

"Ow! Damn that burned..."

Glancing over at my hand, it had began to turn black. "The hell is this?" As the blackness began to spread through my fingers.
All of a sudden, I saw Nashi in the distance. Her hands that grasped her own neck.

"Nashi!"