Chance Encounter

<Nashi>
A week later, I had decided to go off on my own. Ahhh, I'm sorry Cody. Please forgive me.
I slipped into my clothes and prepped up before I sneaked out of the hotel room.

But before my legs could take me out. My conscience told me that this was wrong. However, it's not like I'm leaving him. I'm just going out on my own for awhile.

I hovered over Cody and for a brief moment watched as he slept sound. I couldn't help but to take my hands and comb my fingers through his soft brown locks. He was quite cute when he slept.

I wasn't a complete jerk. I left a note prior to my sudden disappearance to let him know that I didn't leave for good, or that I had been kidnapped.
It didn't matter how I put it. Cody will still scold me later on. I feel like he's a new dad.
••••••••
<Nashi>
What I need was vitamin D to start off the day. The sun was practically my friend. The warm sensation radiating on my flesh.

Plus I was hungry. I looked around for Early-Bird Specials and found myself wandering away from my original plans.

I did not take into account that my hunger would distract me so easily.

I am supposed to be looking for libraries in Clover Town to aid my research. I could always go back to Magnolia and look around. However, I'm not quite done here.

BUMP

Ah. Would you look at that. Way to go Nashi. You got side tracked and walked into someone.
Now act like the spoiled princess that you are and kiss up.

"I'm terribly sorry!" I apologized. "Hopefully I didn't hurt you?"

Ughh, I'm chocking on my own words.

I looked up to see man with blond spiked hair, similar to dad's. The one next to him had a black pony hair with one of his eyes covered with his long side bangs.

They both looked at me like they knew me and had saw through my sickening acting.

"It's alright." The blond said.

"I wasn't lookin' where I was heading either." He laughed. "Good thing I didn't hurt'yah." He patted my head.

For some strange reason, when he had touched me with his hands. I didn't have the urge to toss and flip him over. Hmm. That's odd.

"Sting, she has Salamander's scent." The black haired one spoke. "And the Celestial m-"

"Whoa! Are you Natsu's kid?!" He randomly took my hands and shook them both.

"Now when I think about it, you do have his pink hair and her creamy brown eyes." He added.
I released from his grip and stepped back.

"Ah, sorry if I was too touchy." He awkwardly laughed. "The names Sting Eucliffe. The guild master of Sabertooth." He introduced.

"My name is Rouge." The other man nodded his head.

I felt bad because I had forgotten that he was still there.

"Nashi, was it?" Sting asked.

"Yes." I replied. You're acquainted with my dad?"

"Of course! I know your dad and knew you're mum." He responded by giving me a nuggy. "What? Did Natsu not talk about me?"

"Things could have come up." I gave him a sense of false hope.

"And how old are you?" Sting asked.

"16 almost 17." I replied.

Instantly after I had spoke of my age. Dark clouds shrouded him in darkness. Like a gloomy state of Juvia.

"F-for 16 years, Natsu hasn't once talked about me."
I didn't know whether or not I was sorry for him or completely weirded out.

"I apologize for his distasteful behavior." Rouge bowed his head. "If you'll excuse us. We'll be on our way."

He took Sting by the collar and before I could let him drag Sting away. I stopped him.

"W-wait! I need to ask you a question."

They both looked at me attentively.

"Go on." Rouge allowed.

I tried to rearrange the words before they came out. How do I say it without being so blunt?

"Did you guys know that my mom was poisoned?" I asked.

They both locked their eyes on each other and then looked back at me.

"Yes, we were aware of it." Sting replied.

I gulped from my nervousness of the truth.

"D-do you know who poisoned her?"

"No." They both said in a unison. "However it's best that you don't know." Sting continued.

"T-then you do know."

"I didn't say that." Sting shook his head. "All I'm saying is that it's all in the past." He pointed out.

"Not for me." I disagreed.

"What are you going to do when you find the culprit? Are you going to kill them?" Rouge raised the question that must have been on Cody's mind too.
I didn't know how to respond.

"They have already found the man ages ago. He's been banished from the Fairy Tail a few days after he had committed the crime. He's already been found out." Rouge made clear.

"But."

"And before you say that we know the man." Sting curved into the conversation before I could talk. "Fairy Tail's matters do no pertain to us. We've heard of such matters but not in detail. What happens in Fairy Tail, stays in Fairy Tail. That is all we know."

"So you're telling me that I'm looking for a man who has already gave consequences? Who has been just banished for his crimes?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"Then why won't anyone tell me! Everyone in the guild is keeping the great secret from me." I was indeed frustrated from all of this.

"Dad and everyone knew all this time!"

"They have their reasons to keep it from you-"

"Screw their reasons! They can all go to hell!" My anger blasted out of control and I couldn't even think straight.

I must look like a heartless monster to these Sabertooth members.
They looked at me with pity.