Bleak War

<Nashi>
By the time we freed and healed Cody's wound, Lami transformed using takeover magic. The Horsemen of the Apocalypse. White Horse, the first horsemen that wielded a bow an arrow.

"I think it's our best bet to spit up." Lami insisted, "cover more ground and not be killed as a blob." She said as we ran.

"Thats a little to far." Gia frowned.

"Yeah, let's do that." Gale agreed.

"Don't die on me." I looked at all of them, "we're all going home together, alright?"

"Yeah!" They all shouted back in unison.

I looked over at Cody and he have a thumbs up.
Then everyone dispersed onto the battle field.

The first obstacle was treading up this hill. It's high elevation did a number on Cody for the worst. He didn't look so good half way up.

"Cody, let's hurry." I gestured.

Cody began coughing and took a minute to breathe. "Go ahead first." He conveyed. "I'll catch up, don't worry about me."

"Be careful." I nodded my head and went on my own instead. Believe in him.

It wasn't long when I finally reached the top. Staring out on the battlefield. Two sides, the wizards of Fiore, and the army of Alvarez. The Black Wizard.

As I was about to search for the others, someone grabbed my arm.

"Nashi! What the hell are you doing here!" Gajeel was hiding behind a tree, tending to Juvia's injury. She didn't look so well.

Before I could speak and huge boulder rocketed and came towards us. I lowered my stance into a defensive position and was ready to take it.

"Get out of the way!" Gajeel shouted.

I ignored his words and instead punched the enormous boulder my with iron fist. It shattered into millions of pieces.

"How is she?" I knelt beside Juvia who was breathing hard and was sweating.

"I just patched her up...she'll be okay. We just have to wait for Cheria once she comes." He explained.

"There's no need." I placed my hands on Juvia's lower torso. The blood that kept oozing out. I focused my energy on that one spot.

"What's this?" Gajeel was shocked in awe of my unique abilities.

"Thank you Nashi." Juvia's complexion worked its way back to health and the wound had sealed up.

It worked, it worked. I was even surprised myself. I know I've done it countless times before...but where does this come from?
I looked up at Gajeel.

"Do you know where my Dad is?" I asked.

"Somewhere on the front lines...with Zeref." Gajeel replied. "It's a battle to the death."

I stood back up and witnesses the trees that fell here and there, other wizards fighting and men falling as well. Like trees themselves.
I bolted past people battling one another and found myself standing against an enemy on the way. A couple of feet away, he possessed a chain and ball and waited for me.

"Ice dragon talons!" I threw my entire body into the air. A blade of thick ice appeared on the side of both of my feet and steam fogged around me. Once I landed the attack, it knocked the man out instantly.

"Nobody messes with the Dragneel's."
I kicked the man who was unconscious and stuck out my tongue. Suddenly, a malicious aura alarmed me, I twisted around to see someone aiming a flame ball.

"Like that will work!" I opened my mouth and sucked in the flames. Kind of disgusting though, not tasty at all. Fire lit from my hands and feet. I pulled a smug expression and as I was about to pounce, someone opened fire behind me. Electricity.

"Hey! Don't move!" A women pointed her fingers at me and lightening shot of from her finger tips. I didn't dodge and the lighting electrocuted my body.

A thrilling sensation.

"Thanks, I needed a boost." I grinned and took down both of them with the combined magic.
Like I said, no can mess with me.
••••••••
<Cody>
Finally, I made it-

"Huh? You just got here?" Jae tapped my shoulder behind me.

"Y-yeah." My eyes laid upon the sword he was wielding. It was quite a flaunting sight.

"J-Jae?! What the hell are you doing here?" A woman with scarlet hair questioned. "And you too!" Her menacing daggers of eyes directed towards me.

"We'll explain later." Jae brushed her off.

"It's dangerous here." She warned the both of us.
"Go home this instance!" She instructed.

Both Jae and I, at least for once agreed upon the idea of not leaving. She shook our heads.

"I'm sorry, I can't do that." I bowed my head, "if the guild fights, I fight too." I spoke.

"Mom, I'm not a kid anymore." Jae added.
The unsettling awkwardness lingered as she couldn't refuse at this point.
•••••
Jae and I split up again as he chose to fight along side his mother.
I scoped around for Nashi, it seemed that she had left a trail for me. From all the bodies that laid out linear. On the chest of these men, there was Cs, burned as holes in the shirts of the men. C for Cody.

She's having too much fun with this...
•••••••
<Nashi>
After awhile, I got tired. What was this feeling...tiredness?

"Nashi!" As I turned my head Mr. Fullbuster was shirtless as he waved at me. He finally caught up behind me.

"What the hell? What are you doing here!"

"Do I have to explain myself every time?" I sighed, "isn't it obvious?"

"It's not a playground. People are killed here." He placed his hand on my head, "We can't afford to lose another Dragneel. It's not safe here."

"I'm not weak." I spoke.

Out of know where, the ground tore and separated us beneath our feet.

"Nashi!" He screamed my name.

"I-I'm alright!" Trying to find my balance and not set off my center of balance. I began leap from slabs of rock to rock. The oblivion that was miles down into darkness.

I jumped farther and higher, before I knew it, magic was aimed at me from a distance. Initially, I had dodged, however I lost my footing and had no support. Gravity did the rest.

"Nashi!"