Tainted Hearts

<Cody>
I swallowed. This haunting silence between the both of us. Nashi took the lead, but I didn't know where we were going. I didn't think she knew either.

"Nashi." I called her name. No reply.

"Nashi, where are we going?" I tried again.

No answer. Maybe this time, she really has broke. However she can't lose hope now.

"Nashi no matter what happens I won't betray you. I'll promise you that. So please...don't cry." I couldn't afford to watch her tear herself down even more.

Until there are no more pillars to support herself.
••••
<Nace>
"Oi, Jura." I waved when I spotted him in front of the guild. He looked up while talking to a townsmen and he walked off when I approached.

"Nace, what a surprise." He widened his eyes from my sudden visit. "It's been quite awhile."

"Yeah, yeah. It's only been 7 months." I pointed out. He nodded his head and then looked around. As if he was looking for someone.

"From last time, you said that you were bringing your younger sister?" He questioned.

"Lets just say she went her own way. I think she's done with this house game" I explained.

"You told Nashi didn't you? How did she take it?" Jura brought me inside the guilds lobby.

"She hates my guts. My existence." I answered. "I guess that settles it." I sighed. "Can't do anything about it huh?"

Jura oddly glanced at me.

"On numerous occasions I have spoken with young Nashi. She doesn't seem like the one who would disown family. Especially being the daughter of Lucy." Jura tried to comfort me.

"Possibly. However, Nashi has a family. She's nothing like me. I was abandoned. I don't have the right to waltz back in there with open arms."

"Such a good kid." Jura took his monstrous hand and patted my head. "Don't lose faith."
I nodded my head.

"I'll be right back. Please, make yourself at home." Jura gave me a seat and walked around the corner. Then I felt chills down my spine.

"Nace! You're here!" Someone hung there arms around my shoulders from behind. When I looked up, I saw it was Chelia. Grinning with her pearly whites.

"Hey, you shouldn't be doing that. What if your fiancé saw you?" I pushed her arms away.

"Awwww, come on. I haven't seen you in months and your worried about small little things like this?" Chelia pouted.

"I don't have time for you right now."

"You're so cold Nace!" She complained and soon after I exchanged information with her, she left.

"Sorry to have you wait. Here, these should be what your looking for." Jura handed me the scrolls.
"Yeah, thanks. Well I guess this is goodbye." I bowed my head. "Possibly my last goodbye." Jura watched my gaze and sighed.

"You'll regret it." He warned.

"Have I ever told you that I'm a stubborn kid? Even if I don't have the right to go back home...I still want to." I confessed.

"I wish you the best Nace."

"Thank you."
••••••••
<Nashi>
"So this is your decision?" Cody walked along side me as we entered Magnolia.

"Yeah..." Nashi said.

"What are you planning to do from here?"

"I don't know."

"Are you sure?" Cody pestered.

"Leave me alone. I just annoyed right now. But I'll be even more irritated when when make it to the guild if anything."

And here it is. The guild. Home sweet home?

"Nashi?! Cody?!" Flocks of screaming, devoured the entire guild when we walked in.
This is what I mean.

"Where have you been Nashi?!" Gia stormed over with Gale. And I even saw Jevy, his younger sister prancing around and then laid her eyes on me. Everyone surrounded us.

"I need to see my dad." I spoke, "where is he?" Everyone, went silent for a second.

"Nashi, I guess you didn't hear." Romeo's comforting hands led Nashi to the bar.

"What happened?" Cody asked.

"All the S-class wizards left for a mission, including your father."

"Okay, when will they come back?" I pressed forward.

"Nashi.l they won't be back for awhile." Gia explained. "It's a declaration of war with the Black Wizard. Zeref."

"Tsk. They didn't even bother taking us along." Gale angrily got riled up. "We're strong too!"

"W-What do you mean? There in no condition to fight! They're not young as they are before." I pointed out.

"Nashi, they're still S-class mages." Jae joined the conversation. "We have to rely on them."

"B-but Jae..."

He gave me such a devastating look. Because both his parents left too.
I grabbed Cody's sleeve.

"Hey, you aren't thinking of going are you?!" Romeo questioned and followed behind me as I was heading out the door.

"Yeah. That's who I am. I'm not going to sit around and just let this pass. You don't understand...but I need to see my dad." I spoke with such a fragile heart.

"You can't, you idiot!" Gale grabbed ahold of my arm.

"It's too dangerous! We're not even allowed to go! You'll only get in the way!" Gia tried to persuade me.

"What kind of Fairy Tail wizard am I if I'm going to wait around and see the ones I care about come back home. When I know myself, that I can do just as much to aid them?"

"Nashi please think this through!" Jae tried to stop me too. "What if you get hurt?! You'll become a burden."

"Then I won't get hurt!" I brushed him off. "I'm not going to sit around and wait. I'm going to the war and I'm going to help win it. And maybe...maybe you'll come too." I looked at them all. Our generation.

Parents want their children to be safe. I understand that. But children themselves, want their parents to be safe too.