Departure

<3rd POV>
Ever since that day when Jae had a slip, Nashi was nowhere to be found, especially for Cody. Time was what she needed and it had been in her favor when no one could find her. Though, they've been passing each other without notice, Nashi was good at being secretive.

"Hey have you seen, Nashi?" Cody asked for the 2nd day in a row.
"Not today. I saw her leaving for a quick job yesterday afternoon." Jae spoke.

He still wore a concern face. Guilt and regret.
"Jai, hurry up. We're leaving." Romeo and Wendy waved at Jae to get his attention.

"You maybe more lucky than me to find her. If you do, please tell her I need to talk to her." Jae patted Cody's back, "thanks man."

"Yeah, okay." He replied.
"See yah, man." This time the three left for a job in Crocus.

Scoping around, Cody had spotted both Natsu and Gray, playing a round of cards. For the most part that was their intention. However, like always, it didn't end with laughs and praises.

"Ah, Natsu -"
"What did'yah say, huh?!" Nastu punched Gray in the face. Cody stood still and watched as Gray's face had bruised and he threw a punch back at Natsu.

"Excuse me." Cody intervened.
"Hehhhh?!" Natsu turned as well as Gray.

"I was just wandering where Nashi is...did you see her today?" Cody asked. "It's been hard to locate her recently." He explained.

"Nashi? She left early in the morning to catch a train to Clover Town for her job." Natsu revealed. "She took a little extra with her today. More than usual."
"T-then do you think that-"
"As a dad of course I would reject the idea of leaving. However, it's my fault. Nashi needs to discover it all herself. That's what she wants anyways. Without the presence of her old man."

"Why aren't you dragging her back?" I questioned.
"Kid, sometimes people at your age don't really want to think about reason. They seek answers. Nashi left because she wants to figure out the truth about her mom's death. At least that's what I suspect." Gray poked in. "She has to find herself first."

Natsu sighed.
"I'd rather she use her own power to find the truth. I can't bear to tell her everything that I've kept a secret till now. What a father I am." Natsu lowered his head.

"That's not true." Cody disbelieved, "you're doing it for Nashi's sake. You care about her wellbeing."
"I'm the worst." Natsu couldn't agree with Cody's words. "She detests my existence."
"Feelings are stronger than simple words." Cody said, "Nashi may say things like that. However, deep down. She can never hate you."

Both of the dads eyed Cody, wondering what had clocked him in the head talking so well like he was.
Eventually, Cody had left the guild himself to look for Nashi at the station. Or anywhere she may have gone. All he knew was there was only one train to Clover Town today. And it didn't depart from the Magnolian Train station until later in the day.

With the time he had left. Cody searched for Nashi around town. To him, it was obvious that she wouldn't be waiting for the train at the station. Just to be caught instantly.

"Salamander's kid? What? Did she do something again?" The baker crossed his arms.
"Nope, she's rarely down this end." Said the shopkeeper.
"Nashi? I haven't seen her." The shoemaker shook his head and tried to sell him shoes.

<Cody>
Geeze. Nashi knows how to move around town without being detected. It's like she disappeared already! Where could she be?! I didn't want to just give up now. I couldn't afford to. Nashi is facing all of this alone.

In my favor, I had overheard someone passing her name around and I happened to notice Nashi buying some curry buns at the stands.
"Nashi!" I called her out.
"What are you doing here?" She asked taking the change from the man.
"The question is, where are you going?"
Nashi made a face like she was thinking about the rhetorical question.

"About to take a long journey. Possibly somewhere far from here." She replied with a smile.
"And where will that be?" I asked.
"I'm not sure, heading over the hills, past the valleys, somewhere that's dark and dreary." Nashi recited those familiar words from a children's book.

What worried me was that, that book specifically. Doesn't have a happy ending.

"I'm coming with." I said.
"No." Nashi flat out rejected, "it's for my own sake. And my mothers." She quietly spoke.
"Why can't I be part of it?" I asked.

I know I sound selfish, but she's being stubborn herself.

"You'll get in the way." She bluntly spoke.
"Tell me the real reason."

Nashi sighed and then looked back up.
"Look we've only known each other for about a few days already. When someone wants to be alone, let them." She waved her hand and started walking off.
I followed behind her trail.

"Is that what you really want? To be alone?" I pestered along side her.
"Hey! Don't push it." She grabbed onto my shirt and tugged.
"A rich boy like you wouldn't know."
For the words she had said, did sting a little. However, it affected her morals more than it hurt my pride.

People had started to whisper around us. Like bees swarming around us.
"That's the Fairy Tail mark." The crowd spoke.
"Are they going to go at it again?"
"Ugh, not again."
"Someone call the Rune Knight."

I couldn't afford to bring us farther into a conflict. I raised both my arms in surrender and awkwardly laughed.
"Can't we just talk in private?"
"Gosh Cody. You're really something."
Nashi released my shirt and started walking towards the train station.

For my eyes could have decided me. I saw a smile appear upon her face.