Destinations

<Nashi>
We ended up in the train station, 30 minutes before our train to Clover Town. Cody for some reason was so fixated on joining me.

"Allow me accompany you."

"I already said no." I rejected.

"Don't be so cold." He pouted.

"Can't you just go back to the guild? Didn't you say that you wanted to find jobs and earn money? Following me won't help with any of that." I stated.

"That was then." He shrugged, "things have taken a turn and I can no longer follow what I originally planned out." He explained.

"You're crazy." I titled my head back and groaned. "You're a thorn in my side."

Cody sat beside me quietly. Leaning back on the bench I stared at the ceiling.

"You don't have to do this." I spoke.

Cody shuffled from his seat and got up. Taking his bag with him. Was he finally leaving?

To my lack of expectations. He had bought a train ticket and came back.

"You just can take no for an answer, huh?" I wanted to snatch the ticket from him and rip it to shreds.

"I'll be in your care." He lowered his head.
In the end, I couldn't say no. I was in fact amazed by how persistent he was.
••••••
We finally boarded the train. Cody taking our bags and placing them in the shelves above us in our compartment.
Cody sat across from me and began with his small talk again. His ways of learning everything about me so subtly, worked. Even I didn't know how much, was too much.

It wasn't long before a few men popped their heads into the compartment. Ugh, not these guys again. These familiar faces of the guys who I had publicly humiliated. This time, brining a beast along.

"Yo, it's that Fairy Tail chick." They recognized me.

"How yah been miss?"

I could feel his lack on interest in his pitched voice. They weren't here to make amends.

"This is that Fairy Tail wizard?" The bearded one asked. The new face of the group. His large build didn't faze me at all. Nor the fact that he was carrying a weapon on the train.

"Sir, policies are that weapons that can harm the general public, must be enclosed at all times." I recited what I had remembered reading.

They all looked at me as if I was speaking another language. Even Cody tilted his head in confinement.

"It would be grand if yah could show me where that policy is posted." The man lowered his arm to his side and the others men looked at him directly.

"Sure." I got up from my seat.

"H-huh? Nashi. Where are you going?" Cody was lost in the conversation.

"I'll be right back." I assured. "Just need to show these men where some things or two."

"Yeah, she'll come back soon." The other guys added. "Don't worry a bit. She'll be in our care."

Ugh, these guys are annoying. I can't believe they didn't pick up on my sarcasm. Well, at least the dumb shits won't know what hit them.
•••••
<Cody>
I wonder what's taking Nashi so long? I peered out of the compartment to see Nashi coming from the connecting door.
Coming back empty handed.
She came inside and sat down.

"Huh? Where are the others?" I asked.

"They got off at the last stop." She spoke.

"But the train never stopped at any stations yet." I pointed out.

Nashi sighed and scratched her head.

"I mean they're not on the train anymore."

"W-what do you mean?!" I shook her.

"Like it sounds, duh? I toss them off." Nashi looked at me as if I was the crazy one.

We eventually sat in silence again. The obvious awkwardness for most of the trip. I glanced over to see Nashi staring out of the window.
A mind that looks at peace, but is at war.

"Why are you acting so different?" I pointed out.

"Everything normal about you is gone."

I don't know if I had worded it correctly, but Nashi was not pleased by my words. It's also my problem that I sound like I'm insulting her.

"Well. It's not like I'm affected by how my dad has been lying to me all this time. Not like I care or anything." She rolled her eyes.

"You care about the truth." I said.

"Why wouldn't I? My mom doesn't have justice in this covered situation. They've been hidden with lies all these years."

"So you're initially searching for the killer?" I asked bluntly. "To end it all? Revenge? Closure?"

Even Nashi seemed unsure of her goals. What she wanted to do to the man who had made her family suffer all this time.

"Not a killer particularly. The one who poisoned her while she had the illness at the same time. You can say that it was a one-sided murder." She explained.
"How do you even know that for sure?" Even though Jae had blurted out senselessly before. He could of just referred to someone else.

"I knew Jae was talking about my mom. He didn't deny it when Gia was trying to console me. He's the type of man who doesn't lay lies on top another. Though I already deal with all of that anyways."

"Will you be okay?" I wondered, mentally and physically. How far will you go to obtain that justice?

"I'll do anything for mom." Nashi sighed and closed her eyes. She did bear me, brought me into this world and held me. If life is what she gives me in exchange for hers, I will gladly do anything."

That response was what I feared the most.

"Tired?" I asked.

She crossed her arms and leaned over to the window and nodded her head.

"I'll watch over." I assured.

"Thanks..."

When she fell asleep across from me. I began to question the differences between her and I. It's obviously clear that we lived clashing lives. However, Nashi. You and I are the same in most cases. We're lost in what we know and want to change. We both know, that this journey won't be an easy one.

"Sleep tight Nashi."