This Is Our Story

<Cody>
It was around 5:00pm and mostly everyone had left for missions. Nace and I stayed behind to finish the book that Nashi had all this time, even before the war. She wrote in detail about her life and everything...up until-

"I don't like how it ended." Nace commented, plopping his head on the table.

"That's because it was never completed." I patted his back.

"She won't be able to finish it up at this rate."

"Don't say that we already know the ending. We're living it remember?" I said.

Nace looked up disappointed and sighed.
"I miss her." Nace spoke. "H-how long has it been since?"

"Too long." I replied. "How's your dad dealing with it?" I asked.

"Sometimes I can still hear him crying." Nace sighed.

"Ah, so no progress?" I nodded my head.

"She's a real idiot, isn't she?" Nace covered his face.

"Runs through the family?" I tried to lighten the mood. "Nashi chose that path herself. I'm just shameful that I couldn't keep the promise we made. That whatever path she ends up choosing, that I would follow her too."

Nace took his hand and patted my head. This feeling reminded me of my older sisters touch.

"You know, I'm kinda hungry." Nace bounced up and her aura changed completely, like he was trying to comfort me.

I shook my head.

"I'm not that-"

"Let's go." He tugged on my arm and dragged me out of the guild.

The gloom kept lingering. I still can't get over it. Why can't I stop thinking about Nashi?

"Hey, let it go." Nace slapped my back. "Don't bring it up." His expression was half serious and the rest casual. "Don't bring it up..."

"Yeah, sorry." I apologized.

"There's this new place that opened up, near the waterfront."

"Really? How's the view?" I distracted myself.

Nace looked like he was happy that I could ignore my feelings for now. Take things off my mind.
•••••••
<3rd POV>
On their way, Cody and Nace were discussing the mission they were about to go on in a few days. Both of them wishing that Nashi to be there and join them, though that idea was impossible.

"The pay is high." Cody nodded his head. "I could get some magic books-"

"Enough of the books, geeze." Nace leaned back in his chair, "with this, we could buy girls."

"If Nashi was here, she would of smack you right about now." Cody joked.

"Yeah, if she was here." Nace conveyed, this time he was more irritated.

"I-it's a habit." Cody scratched my head.

"To talk constantly about her? Dude, it's done. If I didn't know any better, it sounds like you like her." Nace exposed him.

"Please don't tease me." Cody looked away with a slight grin on his face but, it was still layered with sadness.

The conversation drifted away and that left them to eat in silence for awhile.