28

Crying is a waste of time. Crying is a waste of time. Crying is a waste of time. I repeated to myself as I walk through the festival. Damn it, where are those peabrains.

"Oh, Lia!" I look to where the voice came from and saw Asta in a robe.. holding a plate of squid on both of his hands.

"Asta, why are you wearing that?" I asked him.

"Bah ha! Bah ha! Have some of Captain Jack's delicious meat!" I looked to the left and saw bah ha. I looked at the two tents beside each other and realized what's going on.

"Perfect timing, Lia! Now go help, shrimp here." He handed me a uniform.

"Wait, Captain.. what do you want me to do?" I asked with a straight face.

"Huh? What do you mean? Of course I want you to go sell my squid!" He said with a scary face.

"Y-yes sir!" I went to the back and wore the uniform. I kinda like the pants tho.. Maybe I should wear these kinds of pants from now on. I went outside and grabbed a plate full of squid.

"Everyone, come and get a taste of Yami's..." I looked at the squid. Crap, I forgot to ask what it's called. "delicious... looking squid." I said lazily and looked at the crowd.

"Woah! They got a girl!"

"That girl is kinda cute!" A bunch of guys went over to me.

"Sorry, but I'm not the one who is selling this.. squid." I looked at them and pointed at Captain. "Go to that man over there."

"Actually.. we wanted to ask for your name." I looked at them and an idea popped inside of my head.

"I'll tell you my name if you buy from that man over there.." I said.

"O-okay!"

"Oi! What are you three doing! We can't have the Black Bulls get more customers!" I heard the green captain said.

"They got a girl with them! No fair.."

"I don't give a damn! Work yer asses of or I'll slice you three in half!" Jeez that side is chaotic.

"Way to go, Lia! Unlike this brat here.." Captain slapped my back playfully and looked at Asta.

"Lia.." I said lazily.

"Have a good night, Lia-chan~" I rolled my eyes for the nth time after giving my name to a bunch of strangers. Man, this is tiring.

"Captain, I brought enough customers for you already. Can I go now?" I said.

"Yeah sure. You did great." He said and ruffled my hair. "Oi, Asta! Get to work!" I stuck my tongue out at Asta who's suffering.

"Yes, thank you!" I said and walked away. "Oh! I'm keeping this outfit!" I shouted and ran to the nearest store. I think I deserve a 'me' time after what happened tonight...

"You seems to be a little down, young lady.. Would you like to try this vanilla flavored ice cream?" My ears perked up upon hearing a certain food. I walked over to the old lady and eyed what she's selling.

"Excuse me but.. could you repeat what you just said earlier?" I asked her.

"Would you like to try this vanilla flavored ice cream?" She said and smiled.

"What is..." I looked at the various tubs of colorful thingies. "What is an 'ice cream'?" I asked her.

"It's a special snack here on Clover Kingdom... one is supposed to eat it when they are feeling sad or lonely.." She said and gestured to the variety of colors.