36

hey y'all sorry for the late update but here ya go :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up feeling a tad bit of light headed. I blinked a few times and looked around me. This room looks familiar.. As I try to get up, I was stopped by a weight on my waist so I look down and saw an arm. I looked behind me and saw Yuno sleeping peacefully.

"Fuck." I muttered silently and tried to move his arm away. "No, no, no.." I whispered when he tightened his grip and pulled me closer. I turned around to face him, only to see him fast asleep. I sighed. What to do? I used both of my index finger to push him away.. slooowlyy.

"What are you doing?" I felt my body stiffened at his morning voice.

"Eh?" I looked up to him.

"Why are you poking my chest?" He asked me while rubbing his eyes.

"Ah.. eh.. well, I was going to.. get out of bed but you.." I gestured to his arm around my waist.

"What about it?" He asked me. I felt my face getting warm so I bit the insides of my cheek to hide it. Jeez! Does he not get shy and flustered?!

"Well.. you.. I... heh.." I scratched the side of my cheek.

"Do you want to get up?" He looked at me and raised a brow. Am I the only one who's feeling shy?! Why is he so calm?!

"Well, no.. but-" I was interrupted when he pulled me closer and rested his chin on top of my head.

"Then don't move. I'm still sleeping." He mumbled.

"How long was I out?" I asked him.

"Not long.."

"Like.. for a day?" I tried to push him off a little to see his face. I felt him sigh and pointed outside his windows to show me that it's still dark.

"You were out for a couple of hours. Shut up and let me rest." I nodded my head slightly and bit my lip. Did I hurt someone? Did I cause trouble at the capital? I really don't remember anything besides..

"Yuno?" I looked up at him.

"Hmm?"

"I.. I'm sorry." I said. "For you know.. almost killing you and Asta. I know I should've had better control of myself it's just that-"

"It's alright.. I guess." I felt him shook his shoulder up and down. "You were manipulated. You didn't have control over your body that time.. and I'm also sorry because I couldn't protect you that time.." He mumbled and gently stroked my hair.

"No! I was there! I feel like I was the one who's-"

"Shh.. It's okay.. You don't have to worry about it. What matters is that you're okay now. I'm sure Asta feels the same way." He said making me tear up. I looked down and maintained a straight face to preventing my tears falling down. I felt him get out of the bed so I looked at him putting on his robe.

"Let's go. We have a busy day ahead of us." He offered his hand. I gladly took his hand and wore my shoes.

"Where's my-" I froze in spot when he put my robe on me and fixed it. "T-thanks.." I mumbled and looked away. "Where's everyone?" I asked when we got out of his quarters. Is it really this quiet in this base?

"They're at the capital fixing the mess." He said.

"Eh? Well if your squad is there why are you here?" I looked at him. I'm slightly enjoying the fact that we're walking hand in hand.

"W-well.. because you passed out so I had to do something.." He put his other hand on his neck and looked to the side.

"Eh?! Why would you..? Are you stupid?!" I flicked his forehead and pulled him to walk faster. "Let's g- Fuck." I cursed when I tripped on my feet. Phew, good thing he's holding my hand or else I would've fallen flat on my face. I stood there for a moment before bursting out laughing.