18

"Lia!" I heard knocking on my door.

"What?" I groaned as I covered myself with my pillow.

"Come on! It's training day!" Asta continued to know leaving me no choice but to blast the door. "Woah you almost got me there." He said as he stepped inside. Ugh I forgot he got used to it already.

"What time is it?" I asked him.

"Uhh... I don't know."

"Ugh.. what can I expect from you, stupidsta." I said as I get out off my bed, getting my door from the corridor. "Meet ya downstairs." I said and closed the door on his face.

While washing my face I realized that today is the day I get my payback to that jerk! I rushed towards the kitchen and grab some snack for today's training.

"Woah calm down! You look an animal scrounging for food." Captain asked.

I ignored him and proceeded to tie my shoe laces. Before rushing outside I shouted my farewell to them.

"That was fast!" Asta exclaimed.

"Oi no fair! You already started our routine!"

"Yeah well, I got to go somewhere today.. but it's okay! Don't worry, I'll still train with you."

"It's fine really." I assured him. I mentally laughed thinking about my plans later. "So.. one-thousand and five hundred sets?" I asked him.

"Two-thousand." He said while wiggling his eyebrows.

"You bet." I winked at him and started my sit-ups.

"Not enough!"

"Jeez we're almost there stop shouting like your life depends on it." I said. "1,994, 1,995.." I groaned feeling my abdomen on fire. "Asta you count!"

"1,996, 1,997, 1,998, 1999 annnddd 2,000!"

I sighed in relief as I laid down the ground. I spent a few minutes laying down before turning to Asta.

"What did the doctor say about your arms? Are you gonna be holding your sword anytime soon?" I asked him and saw his expression saddened.

"Y-yeah. I hope so." He laughed awkwardly. "U-um I think I'm a little bit tired.. I'll be going now." Huh? Is it something I said?

I watched as he went back to the base. Something's definitely wrong with him.. I better go check.

"Oi-"

"Don't bother." I heard Finral said. I looked at him and saw his grim expression.

"Finral-senpai?"

"When you went to bed early yesterday I told the squad something.." He went in front of me.

"What is it? Is it something related to Asta?"

He sighed. "Yeah.." He looked at the door where Asta entered. "Unfortunately, Asta's arms are cursed.."

"W-what?"

"I overheard him and Dr. Owen talking in the clinic yesterday and Dr. Owen said that it's an ancient curse that even the best recovery mages can't heal."

"Well there must be something." I said.

"Me and the rest of the squad except for the Captain, obviously, are going out to try and find a cure for Asta's arms.. maybe you wanna come and join us?" He asked me.

"When?"

"We're still trying to find the right timing.."

"Sure!"