42

"My, my.. Someone has the gall to come back. You do know the consequences of your actions.. right, dear?" I prevented myself from puking when she held my face close to her.

"I'm not here to mingle with you. I need your help." I felt my heart beating loudly inside my throat.

"Gosh darn! That's our top student for you!" She grinned widely. "Clover Kingdom did a number on you, dear. My, you're no longer the sweet child of mine." She crossed her legs before leaning in. "And what's in it for me?"

"You can have me back." I spat. "Just give me the help I need."

"Hmm.. By have.. You know what that means?"

"I know, old hag. Stop bringing it up everytime. Also don't think that I didn't see the assassins you sent to kill me and my friends."

"Ah and here I thought I was being careful. Nothing escapes the great ol' Lia." She said.

"So are you going to help me or not?"

"Hmm of course I'd help you. What kind of a person am I if I didn't help you?"

"You're the lowest scum I've ever seen in my life." I said making her laugh.

"Well, this scum did raise you.. Didn't I?" She brought herself closer to my ear, making all the hairs on my neck stand. "I'm your beloved mother after all." She chuckled.

"You're not my mother. You're not even close to what a mother is. You're just this horrible creature that eats people's hearts for fun! Stop telling everyone that you raised me! I raised myself!" I said sternly and left the room. Where am I going? I don't know. All I know is my feet directed me into someone's doorstep. Before I could knock a person opened the door.

"Lia?" I looked at him with tears in my eyes.

"Sam." I cried in front of him. I know Sensei and the others are watching me crumble in front of him right now.

"H-hey.. I- uh.. Let's go somewhere, okay?" He held my arms and walked into the woods.

"I heard what you did." He said.

"Yeah, I've got no other choice. He was so close to dying, Sam. I was surprised I didn't broke down in front of him. Not that he could see me or anything. For the first time in my life.. I was.. scared."

"Was it the Dark Triad?" He asked to which I nodded.

"I was surprised to see the Kingdom still standing I thought the Dark Triad already smashed its forces. That creature really surprises me sometimes." I said pertaining to the moster I spoke with earlier.

"Yeah. Are you sure about this?" He looked at me. I faced him with tears in my eyes, again.

"Yes, sadly. She won't leave me alone. I can see her forces in the shadow, aiming to kill me and my friends. Just when I thought I will finally be happy." I chuckled bitterly.

"Why don't you just asked for my help instead?"

"I don't want to get any of my friends killed because of me.. I had enough of killing. I'll only do it one last time."

"Wow, Clover Kingdom really did a lot for you." I smiled at the thought.

"Yeah, it was only a short time but it was the best. You guys should go out more. Try different things. Oh! I recommend trying ice cream. Specially, cookies and cream." I grinned while gazing at the moon. I can feel Sam staring at me.

"What about him then? What are you gonna tell him?"

"Is it wrong to not tell him anything?" I bit my lip and faced him. He took a deep breath before facing the scenery before us.