19

"I'll start." I said. I have so many questions to ask this guy.

"Sure, fire away." He said while leaning his head on both of his hands. "Wait, aren't you cold? You don't have a shirt on." He said casually.

I shrugged. "Oh this? I tore it while training.. I really don't feel that cold though, thank you for asking."

We sat there for minutes asking each other normal questions when I finally decided to ask something else.

"Who's Leila?"

"A friend." I rolled my eyes at his answer.

"Pft this is pointless." I said getting up, ready to leave.

"She was our protector.." I stopped midway when I heard him spoke. "Though it looked like she's the one who need protection." He chuckled. "We were great friends, she was always there for me, for everyone.." He looked up to the sky. "Her face always has this beautiful mesmerizing smile.. you can't help but smile at her too when she looks at you."

"Did you like her?"

"Nah.. I loved her." He looked at me. "But since life's a bitch she was taken away from me.. from us."

"Who took her?"

"We were hoping you could answer that."

"Huh? W-why me?" I asked confused. "Don't tell me that you think that I was Leila in my past life." I laughed at the thought but deep inside I already knew that this was coming.

He just stood there, staring at me.

"Wait really?" I stopped laughing to look at him.

"Leila also possessed the power you have now. You both have that same look in your eye where... where.." he struggled to find the right words. "I can't explain...and you also have that same humor which I don't get."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Maybe it's just a coincidence.." I said.

"We both know it's not. Deep down you know that there is someone else inhabiting your body except for you."

"Pft that's impossible." I denied.

"I bet you also had dreams about the past." He said making me look at him.

"Stop."

"Those dreams? Those were your memories. Leila's memories!"

"Shut up." I got up from the ground walking away from him.

"Leila- I mean, Lia, please."

"What's really the purpose of your visit here huh?" I faced him.

"I told you, I wanted to talk to you."

"Oh bullshit!"

"Fine, Licht thought we could convince you to join our side since you were one of us."

"WERE. Past tense. Move on."

"Please, I- we... just want our Leila back." I stopped in my tracks when I felt him kneel before me. I shut my closed.

'This man wants to kill the human race, Lia.'

'He is part of a terrorist group.'

'Don't do it, stupid bitch.'

Fuck it. "Oi stand up, you look stupid." I faced him. He's still not answering. I kneeled down, facing his level. I gave him a pat on the back. "Raia-s.." I paused because I don't know what to call him. I mean we WERE pretty close in the past but-