40

"Night night.." She mumbled before her breathing went even. I looked down slightly to check if she was asleep. 

"Oi, are you awake?" I shook Lia lightly. I made sure to lift her gently to get my arm before going out of the bed to stretch lightly. What time is it? I looked outside my window and saw the moon still shining. I looked at the sleeping figure on my bed and sat down the bed leaned down to take a better look at her face. "If only you knew how much I was holding back earlier.."

 "Yuno..." I looked to the side and saw Bell yawning.

 "Oh sorry for waking you, Bell." I apologized. 

 "Do you like that girl?" She asked.

 "No." I said. Why am I even denying the fact that I already fell for this girl? Since when did this even start? 

 "Well you seem to like her." She said. 

 "What are you talking about?" Did I really seemed that obvious?

 "I saw the way you look at her and how you lose your cool when you're around her and.." She paused. 

 "What?" 

 "How you become a stuttering mess when you see her in your clothes. That's not very unlikely of you.. I mean you never stutter when you talk to me!" She shouted. 

 "Shut up.." I heard Lia move behind me. I put my finger on my lips to shush Bell."Keep it down, you'll wake her." I said and looked behind me to check on her but I immediately withdrew my head when I saw her legs exposed making me gulp. Goddamn it, now is not the time for that blanket to fall. 

 "See! When I'm sleeping you don't even care if the surrounding is noisy! Hmp!"

 "Oi, it's not my fault that you're with me wherever I go." I replied. 

 "No, I'm not! You're always out and when you come back you always say you went on a patrol! You even missed some of the missions assigned to you! You are falling behind because of her!" She shouted. 

 "Watch what you're saying, Bell." I warned her.

 "No! You're always with her and she's ruining your dream of becoming the Wizard King!" 

 "Bell! That's enough!" I couldn't help but raise my voice. She went back to her bed and covered herself with her blanket.I stood up and went to get the blanket that fell off. I used my magic to cover her up. 

I walked towards the window and looked at the moon. Am I really falling behind? Captain always praised me for doing my missions and patrolling the kingdom. But, is that enough for me to go forward? I looked back at Lia while thinking. I'm not even sure if she feels the same way.. I sighed before looking back at the moon.

"Is ending this..." My fist voluntarily formed itself into a fist. I sighed, for the nth time. "really the best for us?" I mumbled and walked to where she's sleeping. I laid down next to her and closed my eyes. I went to my side and sighed before rested my head on both of my hands and looked at the ceiling. I slid my arm beneath her head and hugged her close to me."Sorry, Lia." I said and kissed her forehead. This is for the best.

"Yuno!" I blinked a few times before looking to the side.

"Did you even sleep? I've been calling you a few times already. But you're just staring at the ceiling for.. I don't know how long!" She shouted. I looked at the ceiling. Was I.. awake the whole time? I looked at Lia before putting my finger on my lips to shush Bell.

"Let's go, Bell. We're going for a little stroll." I stood up. Damn, why does my body feel so heavy today?

"Yay! Where are we going?" I can feel the excitement in her voice.