15

"Lia-san!" I suddenly dropped into a hole and fell into the ground next to Finral and Vanessa.

"Ow." I said a I rubbed my bum from the impact.

"Sorry I couldn't aim properly since my mana's a little low.."

Despite being drained of my powers I managed to create a shield for both of the injured and for us. "Sorry I don't think this'll protect us from his wrath." I said. I need to get stronger to protect everyone.

"It's okay, we'll just defeat him again." Asta encouraged us.

"I can't wait to defeat him and eat all the seafood there is!"

"Nothing will get in my way for seeing Marie!"

"All right! Let's go!" We all shouted together.

I looked behind us when I felt something crashed. There stood the Captain. Jeez, right about time old man.

"Yo, how's everyone?" He said casually.

"Good, really good.. you know me puking all my guts out and Asta there having a broken arm.." I pointed to Asta. "So do you have any plans on helping us soon?" I asked him.

"Shut it! I encountered nuisances along the way." He said.

"Pft did you shit the food you ate with the old geezer before going here?" I mumbled.

"Ha! I like your humor kid." He went to us and patted both Noelle and my head. "You both did great surpassing your limits." He said.

He then walked towards Vetto, flipping through his grimoire. "As a Captain, I must go all out. Plus, I wouldn't mind taking all the glory with me."

"You humans shall feel despair! Despair!" Vetto shouted.

"Shut it already with the despair this and that you three-eyed goon." Captain said making me laugh a little. I hate to admit it but our Captain's a real badass.

"Dark Magic: Dark Cloaked Dimension Slash." Woah is that a spell that could slice through dimensions?!

I watched as the spell sliced through Vetto's shield. I wonder if I could take on a spell like that? Hmm, I'll ask the Captain to try it on me later.

"Consider that a thanks for looking after my squad." He said. "See ya, Mister Despair."

I watched as Vetto fell on the ground, dead.

"How do we know that he's like.. you know.. dead dead?" I asked.

"Huh? What do you mean dead dead?" Asta asked.

I went closer to him. "Like.." I stuck my tongue out like a dead frog. "dead dead." I repeated.

"Oi you two idiots get over here and rest!" I heard Noelle shout.

I grabbed Asta's robe and made him face me. I looked at him dead in the eye. "Touch his feet if you're brave enough." I whispered.

"Eh? Why do you-"

"To know if he's dead obviously." I rolled my eyes and crouched down.

As Asta was about to touch his feet someone grabbed both our robes and dragged us towards the exit.

"You two brats are such a handful." Captain shook his head at us.

I crossed my arms together. "I juts wanna know if he's dead dead hmp." I said. I suddenly remembered Captain's spell earlier.

"What is a dead de-"

"That's right! Captain if you have any free time can you use the spell you did earlier on me?" I asked.