23

I woke up feeling light-headed. Where am I? I blinked a few times and tried moving but my hands we're tied by something. Wh-what is this thing? I tried to remember what happened earlier... Sam and..

"Lia!"

I kicked Sam's butt and..

"Lia!"

Who's that?

"Lia!"

I looked around us and blinked a few times. Why are we all... crucified?!

"About time, sleeping beauty!" Noelle shouted beside me.

"What's going on?" I asked, confused. "Where's Sammael?"

"Oi, I'm right here!" I looked over to my right. "I protected you from all that shit but at what cost? You just degraded my existence, vile woman." He said.

"Oi, Noelle..." I called Noelle's attention and tilted my head towards Sam. "Did the Queen curse him or something? Why is he acting like that?"

"No, I don't think it's just him that the Queen cursed..." Noelle said while looking forward.

"Oi! What're you talking about! I'm not cu-"

"AHCK!" I looked in front and saw Asta kneeling before the Queen. Is he having trouble breathing? What is the Queen do-

"fUCK" I screamed when I felt my insides aching. 

3rd Person's POV

Everyone looked at the two magic knights as they struggle to catch their breath.

"Lia! Oi, dinglehead. Are you okay?" Sammael asked his friend but couldn't get a decent answer beside from Lia's sound of agony. "No you're not... th-that's unfortunate." Sammael couldn't help but let out a nervous laugh.

"Wh-what's happening to the both of them?" Noelle asked.

"I took advantage of this young man's situation earlier while healing his arms. As for the girl... she's just too imperfect to be gifted by such power.. that is why I'm stripping her off of it." The Queen laughed menacingly sending shivers to everyone's spine.

"Wha-what do you mean stripping her off of her powers?" Vanessa asked while looking at the poor girl's state.

"If I a perfect person like me couldn't get a hold of such powers then why should she? An imperfect, dirty and vulgar girl like her doesn't deserve it." The Queen created another blob of blood making a screen big enough for everyone to see. "You see, this young girl's power was very much similar to that of a legend a long, long time ago..." She went to Lia who was now drained of energy. "As the legend goes, there once was a powerful young maiden who possessed a gift from the Gods. This maiden was meant to rule over all four kingdoms.." The Queen began to project pictures on the the screen. "Her gift was so powerful it could shook the world itself but sadly, unlike all imperfect creatures... this maiden couldn't fully control her power and because of this, she was forced to go on exile in the mountains... that way she couldn't harm anyone. But a group of a very unique individuals heard about her exile so they decided to take her in. Upon taking her in, the group of individuals made her their own, teaching her about their culture, the necessities and such. The young girl was finally happy being in the presence of great people. Until one day, the girl wreaked havoc waking a humongous demon in the process... and the legend continues on with the very first Wizard King defeating the demon."

"That's it?" Sammael asked.

"A very few knows the legend of the Great Protector of the Four Kingdoms and up until now no one knows where the maiden is and why she wreaked havoc." The Queen finished.