Chapter 56

Chapter 56

I trudged downstairs where Brad was waiting for me. I didn't even bother on changing for some more decent clothes for this stupid forced dinner. I just covered myself with a sweater and put some shoes on.

"Look at you " Brad stood up once I got to the living room "You look-"

"Save it" I shut him walking down the few more steps before heading straight to the door. The sooner this dinner starts, the sooner it will be finished.

"Someone's eager" He said smirking from behind me.

I didn't even bother on answering. We got inside his car and drove away. I had no intention on chatting on the road, so I remained silent and staring out the window avoiding his face.

"I was surprised you actually came with me" I heard his voice.

"It's not like I had a choice" I answered without looking at him.

"It's astonishing" He stated with a chuckle.

"What?" This time I turned around curious to see his face.

"How you're willing to do anything for the people you care about" He said "It shouldn't be like that. Someday that's going to get back to you, you know?"

"I think it already has"

He remained silent and I turned back to the window.

The next minutes were filled with silence, a time I enjoyed more than you can possibly imagine. Unfortunately I had to be the one to break it.

"Where are we going?" I asked with no particular emotion behind it.

"You'll see once we get there" He answered simply.

No shit Sherlock. I didn't think of that.

I could've argued with him about it, but I had no energy to fight, especially not with him.

We drove past a lot of restaurants and each time we did, the list of places we could be going to shortened. It wasn't until we passed the Northway plaza, the one with a tattoo shop, Walgreens, a shoe store, and some weird restaurant I never seemed to like, that I realized where we were going.

Brad made a turn to the side and started parking. I looked outside to confirm my thoughts and see where we were, and realized it was Olive Garden.

"We're here" He said.

"No no no" I said as soon as I read the sign. There was no way I was going to have dinner with him here, not when this exact same place was the last place I had dinner with Austin, which happened to be the day he asked me to be his girlfriend. "We're not having dinner in here"

"Yes we are" He said in his usual demanding tone, unplugging the keys and opening his door.

"No" I took him by the arm before he could get off the car "I am here and I've done everything you asked for, the least you could do is listen to me this once" He remained staring at me in silence with one foot already outside his car "Take me somewhere else"

"I made reservations for this place" He seemed to be hesitating "Plus, there's no other good food near this area"

"The restaurant we passed minutes ago" I suggested even though I knew it was gross "Please?" I hoped that a nice comment will catch his attention since I never made those anymore. It worked.

"Fine" He gave in plugging the keys back again "But you'll owe me for this one"

I huffed "I'll owe you nothing"