Chapter 34

Chapter 34

I'd been walking for a long while through a path of beautiful green grass. The wind was blowing, brushing my hair on my face and moving the flowers in my hands.

I like this, I enjoy coming here one day at a week.

I finally got to him and sat down.

"Hey" I greeted before sitting down. "I've missed you" I wasn't waiting for some kind of response so I continued "A lot has happened this past few weeks, you have no idea" I chuckled and then realized I still had the flowers in my hands. "Oh, I brought you these, thought you'd like them" I carefully placed them next to him. I sighed and closed my eyes. "Oh Tyler..." I said rubbing his name on the gravestone "I wish you were here, there's so much to tell, so much you had ahead of you... its not fair"

I like to come here as much as possible. There was a time when I used to come here everyday, but then school got in the way and I had to lower my visitings. I ended up doing one day per week.

I like to think he is sitting right in front of me replacing his gravestone. I picture him smiling, playing with the grass under him, not answering me but just listening and laughing at some comments. It helps me accept the fact that he's gone.

I closed my eyes to prevent myself from crying "I know..." I said wipping off the tear that ran down my cheek "You said no more tears" I said smiling "I'm trying" After a moment of silence I continued "So, I guess you want an update about everyone... Well, Robert and Zach got suspended for a day last week" I chuckled remembering what happened "They pulled a prank at the principal..." I shook my head playfully "Not a smart move..." I was looking down while I spoke, using my nails as a distraction "Uhm, what else?" I asked to myself "Oh, right. Alex is doing great, I think he even likes someone... Remember one of my friends? The blonde one? Well, her name is Chloe, and they've been really close for this past week, I think there's something going on there..." There was a silence and I looked up to him, imagined him staring back at me, smiling, wiggling his eyebrows. I laughed "Okay okay, you want to hear about me? I was saving that for the end, but since you want to hear it so bad here it goes. You must have seen it anyways, you just want me to say it... Austin and I are dating now" I sighed "Would you believe that? I can't even believe it myself. After a long, long time I'm finally feeling happy. I wanted you to know that"

My phone buzzed and I looked at it finding a message from Austin.

"I have to go now" I said slowly standing up, brushing the dust off my jeans. "I'll come back next week. Keep an eye on all of us okay?" I leaned in and kissed the top of the gravestone "Goodbye Tyler"

***

I was meeting Austin outside my house. I walked there, even though the cementery was really far from my house, I liked to use that time to think.

When I got home Austin was outside, leaning on his car using his phone.

"Boo!" I yelled from behind him. He jumped startled dropping his phone and placing a hand behind his back. I laughed.

"Jesus Ashley" He said picking up his phone "Don't do that ever again. I could've hurt you"

"Oh come on" I said taking his hand, pulling him with me towards the stairs "You would never hurt me"

He rolled his eyes not saying anything. We sat down on the stairs.

"So, where were you?" He asked "You said you were busy"

"I was just walking" I lied "What did you wanted to do today?" I asked trying to change the subject.

I hate lying to him, but I couldn't tell him the truth about what I was doing. He has asked me before and I've always lied. It's not because I'm trying to hide something from him, I just want to keep this to myself. You could say it's my little secret.