Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"What was that?" One of the boys shouted, looking everywhere.

Oh, no. Shit. Did I say that out loud?

"Who the fuck is there!" Austin's voice yelled "Find who ever said that!" He said looking at the rest of The Crew "Move!"

They split in pairs, two of them ran out of the alley and the other two started walking my way. 

My heart started beating so fast I felt it was coming out of my chest. My breathing got so intense I knew they would be able to hear it if they came any closer. 

What now?

They were absolutely going to find me. They will turn this dumpster upside down if they have to, and I'll have no where to go. And then what? What will they do to me when they find me? Will Austin shoot me just as easily as he shot the other guy?

Then it hit me. If I have something they want, they will not hurt me. They'll need me. 

The flash drive. 

I looked at the alley. The two guys that were coming my way stopped a few steps away from me, moving a pile of black garbage bags. 

Hoping I could make it in time, I knelt slowly and pressed my head on the floor so I could see the flash drive under the dumpster. I stretched my arm as far as I could and felt the edge of it. 

Come on. Come on. Come on. 

I moved my fingers and stretched them as much as I could and got it. I pulled my arm back and saw it in my hand. I had to hide it. 

I opened my purse and placed it in. Then I hid the purse inside an opened black garbage bag and then covered it with the ones around it. 

I made too much noise, but I had no other choice. 

"THERE!" I heard "Something moved behind the dumpster!"

I heard footsteps running. There was no point in hiding now. I had to make it for the run. 

Without thinking it twice I ran as fast as I could to get out of there.

"WHO WAS THAT?" I heard Austin yell. 

"ITS A GIRL!" One of them shouted. 

"RUN!" I heard Austin yell "GO GET HER!"

I ran as fast as I could, feeling the adrenaline rush trough me. I didn't stop for a second. 

Hearing footsteps running behind me made me run even faster. I looked back without stopping and realized that the two guys where actually really close to me. 

I didn't care, I didn't stop. I was hoping with all of my heart that Bob was close by now and I would see his car somewhere around here, jump in and be okay. I knew I needed him to get away, I could only run for so long. 

I heard the guy's voices behind me. "Stop right there!" "Don't move!" "You're only making things worse!" But I didn't listen.

I got to a point on these lonely street where the road split in two ways. Right or left. I had no idea which way I came from when I got here. 

I couldn't stop to think about it so I kept going and took the right one. I kept running and running, and when I looked back to see how far the boys were, I bumped into something... or may I say, someone.

"Not so fast there" I looked up and saw Alex, the guy that was with Austin the whole time. He didn't wait form me to say anything and yelled to the other guys "I got her!"