Chapter 21

Chapter 21:

Autumn: That’s the season we are supposed to be in.

Winter: That’s how it felt a week ago.

 Summer: That’s how the climate feels now.

This weather is so damn bipolar.

“ASHWEE!” Chloe yelled from outside. “Are you going to get in or what?” She was waiting for me at the pool.

Today was a very lazy day and we had nothing to do, so we were at my house and we decided to have a swim. 

“I am coming!” I grabbed two bags of chips and walked outside.

“My God” Chloe’s eyes grew wider and she ran out of the pool yelling ‘FOOOOOOOOD!’

She took one bag and opened it instantly.

The sun was above us, making everything 10 times hotter, so we grabbed our stuff and sat on a place with shadow where the sun couldn’t get to us.

“This happens every time” Chloe said eating the last chip of the bag “We get together, we do nothing, and we eat like freaking pigs”

“I know” I said chuckling and opening the next bag. “Why don’t we do something different now?”

“Like what?” She asked “We are in the pool. This is different, it’s the first time”

“I know but I don’t mean that… I am talking about inviting someone else over” I was hoping she would get the hint about what I really meant by saying that…

“Oh my God yes!” She yelled excited “Let’s invite Brad and Finn” 

Wohoooo. She got it!

 It’s a win-win thing. I get to see Brad, she gets to see Finn.

But wait… “Weren’t you mad at Finn?” I asked remembering what she told me yesterday. She was on depression for a whole day. She barely told me it was because of Finn. Actually, she barely even talked to me about anything.  

“Yes” She answered slowly “I mean, no… Well yes but no. He hasn’t talked to me like… for two days now”

My jaw dropped.

“You can’t be serious” I couldn’t help my reaction. I didn’t even blink. I just stared at Chloe not believing the reason behind all her mood swings.

“I am” She answered “I am so damn serious”

“Chloe!” I yelled as an instinct, I didn’t even think about doing it. “You guys aren’t even a thing yet, and you’re already mad at him because he hasn’t talked to you in two days?” She nodded persistent “You guys have been talking non-stop for more than a week!”

“Still” She insisted. She got up gesturing me to do the same, so I did “Anyways, maybe if you invite them and Finn and I talk, he will text me again afterwards” She smiled like an idiot waiting for my answer.

I rolled my eyes.

She is so weird. She doesn’t want to be the one who starts the chat but still she wants to make me talk to them to invite Finn over.

“Okay” I said shaking my head not believing what I was about to do. I just agreed because I was going to get something too. Something? Scratch that… May I say Someone?

 Chloe ran to get my phone and she brought it to me.

“Don’t call him” She said handing my cell phone to me “Text him”